Intervention

It all started with the plastic worm and has now mutated into a huge array of specialized offerings. Whose is the best and which one is your favorite? Come share your thoughts and opinions here.
goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Intervention

Post by goldrod » Fri Aug 07, 2020 7:37 pm

I got a package in today and realized its just too much stuff. It will take me the rest of my life to realistically use all this stuff
than I say something new in the JDM DSTYLE Truster which came in as well. I went to the boat and its stuffed with lures,
My daughter commented " how many lures do you have dad, thousands?"
I've got to get help for this stuff.. or fish more often...
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible

hoohoorjoo
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Re: Intervention

Post by hoohoorjoo » Fri Aug 07, 2020 8:03 pm

goldrod wrote:
Fri Aug 07, 2020 7:37 pm
I got a package in today and realized its just too much stuff. It will take me the rest of my life to realistically use all this stuff
than I say something new in the JDM DSTYLE Truster which came in as well. I went to the boat and its stuffed with lures,
Trust me, there are MUCH worse addictions out there. Just be glad fishing tackle won't cost you your family's trust and self-respect.
Try not to let your mind wander. It is much too small to be outside unsupervised.

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Fri Aug 07, 2020 8:31 pm

hoohoorjoo wrote:
Fri Aug 07, 2020 8:03 pm
goldrod wrote:
Trust me, there are MUCH worse addictions out there. Just be glad fishing tackle won't cost you your family's trust and self-respect.
Absolute Truth there..
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible

Gone Phishin
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Gone Phishin » Sat Aug 08, 2020 11:54 am

goldrod wrote:
Fri Aug 07, 2020 8:31 pm
hoohoorjoo wrote:
goldrod wrote:
Absolute Truth there..
Amen. To have something tangible, in these cases, is definitely a good thing.

Chode
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Chode » Fri Sep 11, 2020 11:59 pm

admitting to having a problem is the first step to recovery. =D>

Slazmo
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Slazmo » Sat Sep 12, 2020 12:46 am

hoohoorjoo wrote:
Couldn't agree more!

I've started to put away some gear for my boy, thus far 2 reels, 2 rods and a small collection of hard baits.

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Sat Sep 12, 2020 6:58 am

I’ve been into D&M custom baits but here’s a freebie

Take a spicy beaver and put it on a 3/8oz Eco Pro tungsten swinging swim jig
And hold on tight
You can swim pitch drag pull wake.
I’ve loved this so much yesterday got blurred vision and casted across the pond over a limb. Fish hits it. 💥 bam but I was just trying to get it unstuck.
I ended up letting out my line and walking all the way around to the tree. Got into the water thigh high and muscled the limb towards me inch by inch til I got to the tip of the tree limb. Got the fish unhooked and cut my line.
The owner of the house allowed me in his yard. He said which do you want more the lure or the fish. I said Have you been on tackletour dot com. 😂

Cal
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cal » Sat Sep 12, 2020 7:15 am

goldrod wrote:
Sat Sep 12, 2020 6:58 am
Take a spicy beaver and put it on a 3/8oz Eco Pro tungsten swinging swim jig
And hold on tight
The Spicy Beaver is good on any moving, skirted bait... vibrating jig/chatterbait, under spin, swim jig, spinnerbait, buzzbait... or by itself... it is an awesome little plastic. #Editor'sChoiceAward!! ;)
Cal, Managing Editor
"fish with mindfulness : beware the darkside"

Drakestar
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Drakestar » Sat Sep 12, 2020 8:35 am

You don’t have too much stuff. You’re prepared to provide daily high-protein meals for your family after the zombie apocalypse has wiped out all other food sources.

I caught my PB bass on a jig with a Havoc Fatty Craw (that Bobby Lane design). They’re discontinued, but still available on eBay. Naturally I bought over 50 packs (which mostly sit in the garage) just to be safe. Because Zombies ;)

Slazmo
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Slazmo » Sat Sep 12, 2020 8:51 am

Drakestar wrote:
Sat Sep 12, 2020 8:35 am
I bought over 50 packs (which mostly sit in the garage) just to be safe. Because Zombies ;)
With Putins rushed Covid 19 vaccine that's a good idea.

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Sat Sep 12, 2020 9:31 am

Slazmo wrote:
Sat Sep 12, 2020 8:51 am
Drakestar wrote:
Sat Sep 12, 2020 8:35 am
I bought over 50 packs (which mostly sit in the garage) just to be safe. Because Zombies ;)
With Putins rushed Covid 19 vaccine that's a good idea.
😂