Shiver Glide 5.45

It all started with the plastic worm and has now mutated into a huge array of specialized offerings. Whose is the best and which one is your favorite? Come share your thoughts and opinions here.
goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Shiver Glide 5.45

Post by goldrod » Thu Jan 07, 2021 7:08 pm

Just got a pack in and wanted to know your experiences with them.
Thumbs up or down? Any better then the Zoom Fluke?
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible

hoohoorjoo
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Re: Shiver Glide 5.45

Post by hoohoorjoo » Fri Jan 08, 2021 5:12 pm

Ai havent used them, but if they are like other JDM baits, they are likely softer and have more action on the fall via US baits.
Try not to let your mind wander. It is much too small to be outside unsupervised.

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Fri Jan 08, 2021 5:15 pm

hoohoorjoo wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 5:12 pm
Ai havent used them, but if they are like other JDM baits, they are likely softer and have more action on the fall via US baits.
Sorry Tim
I was referring to the reactions innovations one.
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible

hoohoorjoo
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by hoohoorjoo » Fri Jan 08, 2021 5:17 pm

goldrod wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 5:15 pm
hoohoorjoo wrote:
Sorry Tim
Oops, I thought the Shiver Glide was an Evergreen product. :doh:
Try not to let your mind wander. It is much too small to be outside unsupervised.

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Fri Jan 08, 2021 5:28 pm

hoohoorjoo wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 5:17 pm
goldrod wrote:
hoohoorjoo wrote:
Sorry Tim

No worries
I have three packs on my computer desk but it’s too cold to play outside this weekend. Stuck on the couch watching Last Man Standing with the wife. Hot green tea and miniature stir spoons

hoohoorjoo
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by hoohoorjoo » Fri Jan 08, 2021 6:13 pm

goldrod wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 5:28 pm
hoohoorjoo wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 5:17 pm
goldrod wrote:
hoohoorjoo wrote:
Sorry Tim

No worries
I have three packs on my computer desk but it’s too cold to play outside this weekend. Stuck on the couch watching Last Man Standing with the wife. Hot green tea and miniature stir spoons
On the couch with my wife is one of my favorite places to be. Enjoy!

TravisNY
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by TravisNY » Sat Jan 09, 2021 5:05 am

Sir I’ve thrown them a ton at big river smallmouth. They can be bomb cast as they’re heavier than a fluke, they’re way more durable than a fluke and I think they move more water. I think I’ve still got 20+ bags in one of my big Rubbermaid bins.

toddmc
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by toddmc » Sat Jan 09, 2021 7:44 pm

It's a bit different than a Super Fluke and other Fluke style baits. It's heavier (as has been said) and wider. It's basically a Skinny Dipper body with a forked tail. It does wider glides than the fluke and is less erratic. It catches better quality than the Fluke because it is bigger, but the Fluke is a better numbers bait. The key is to let the bait fall on slack line like a Senko. It will do a few glides as it goes nose down. At about 3-4 feet deep it will go backwards like a good hard glide bait does. Big fish hate to see the bait turn and face them as they follow. This will cause you to get a lot of fish that bite the bait and move towards you without you ever feeling them. The extra weight allows you to fish it weightless on a medium to medium heavy baitcasting rod.

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Sat Jan 09, 2021 9:25 pm

toddmc wrote:
Sat Jan 09, 2021 7:44 pm
It's a bit different than a Super Fluke and other Fluke style baits. It's heavier (as has been said) and wider. It's basically a Skinny Dipper body with a forked tail. It does wider glides than the fluke and is less erratic. It catches better quality than the Fluke because it is bigger, but the Fluke is a better numbers bait. The key is to let the bait fall on slack line like a Senko. It will do a few glides as it goes nose down. At about 3-4 feet deep it will go backwards like a good hard glide bait does. Big fish hate to see the bait turn and face them as they follow. This will cause you to get a lot of fish that bite the bait and move towards you without you ever feeling them. The extra weight allows you to fish it weightless on a medium to medium heavy baitcasting rod.
Are you using it on a heavier powered rod and what you fish a zoom fluke on?
If you are twitching on slack line I assume your using braid???
Thanks for the information

toddmc
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by toddmc » Sun Jan 10, 2021 11:22 am

goldrod wrote:
Sat Jan 09, 2021 9:25 pm
toddmc wrote:
Sat Jan 09, 2021 7:44 pm
Are you using it on a heavier powered rod and what you fish a zoom fluke on?
If you are twitching on slack line I assume your using braid???
Thanks for the information
I fish it on a 7' MHF Point Blank with a SV103XS filled with 10-14 lb. Sniper and a 4/0 Owner Beast hook. The Super Fluke is a couple of grams lighter and requires a Medium powered rod with a lighter spool in my opinion. I'm fishing big fish in or near heavy cover and/or grass. You can obviously throw the Fluke or Shiver Glide on spinning tackle with a lighter hook, but you will get your heart broke trying that where I'm fishing. I don't use the Shiver Glide as a schooling bait. I think the Super Fluke is better at that.