In the sea of copy cats

It all started with the plastic worm and has now mutated into a huge array of specialized offerings. Whose is the best and which one is your favorite? Come share your thoughts and opinions here.
goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

In the sea of copy cats

Post by goldrod » Wed Jul 26, 2023 6:22 pm

I have found a lure that in my humble opinion is quite an improvement on an old faithful
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible

hoohoorjoo
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Re: In the sea of copy cats

Post by hoohoorjoo » Wed Jul 26, 2023 6:23 pm

Do tell!
Try not to let your mind wander. It is much too small to be outside unsupervised.

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Wed Jul 26, 2023 9:42 pm

For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Wed Jul 26, 2023 9:48 pm

Long love the fluke but I’m really digging these
They at about the same length as the fluke but have a taller side profile. They are split at the bottom but they have a subtle taper on the side and there is a ridge on the side or ( trying my best to describe it ) what I would call a winglet that separates the wider portion of the bait from the top of its back to a more narrow bottom portion. It’s definitely there yet subtle
I will give more of the action on the water but bait exceeded my expectations out of the plastic

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Wed Jul 26, 2023 9:55 pm

The toad thumper craw gill
Looks similar to a lot of baits copying a beaver profile with claws
But this one is not the z craw. I’ve used it and have had great results
It’s soft but not 1/2 fish soft. The plastic has take straight shank hooks with no problem and after the poke reset and keep fishing
I have not used an ewg but all Flippin hooks
Fish don’t bite off the nippers and it has plenty of water displacement