NEW JACKSON ILLUMINATI KAYAKS

Come share your backwater or even blue water success and help others learn more about fishing from a 'yak.
CALL ME RIFLE
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

NEW JACKSON ILLUMINATI KAYAKS

Post by CALL ME RIFLE » Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:33 pm

No,they won't try to control the fishing populace and place all anglers under one unified world organization,but they are kinda cool,in a novelty way as well as a practical way.These 'yaks actually glow in the dark! Better low light visibility as far as others seeing your boat,as well as better ability to see for the angler,who can use the lit hull as a backdrop for better low light vision of lures,other gear,etc...I like 'em anyway,figured y'all might want a look at 'em-
http://www.kayakanglermag.com/index.php ... Itemid=142

JerryC
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: NEW JACKSON ILLUMINATI KAYAKS

Post by JerryC » Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:50 pm

Cool idea but not sure if i want others to be able to spot me at night time while im fishing.. althoguh i did rig LED lighting in my kayak for at night time but only use it when I catch a fish.

ecu daniel 14
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by ecu daniel 14 » Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:09 am

Gimmick

CALL ME RIFLE
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by CALL ME RIFLE » Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:31 pm

Certainly no more than the new Bending Branches "Angler" paddle that costs 2-3 times what a Sunrise does,but performs no better...

MidTNKayakAngler
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by MidTNKayakAngler » Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:51 pm

CALL ME RIFLE wrote:Certainly no more than the new Bending Branches "Angler" paddle that costs 2-3 times what a Sunrise does,but performs no better...

I don't have any experience with the Bending Branches paddle as I use an Adventure Technology.

I went to the Bending Branches site and did a comparison.

The Sunrise Glass= 35oz, Blade dimensions 6.75"X18", 89sq. in., fiberglass shaft

The Angler Pro = 30oz, Blade dimensions 6.8"X19", 104sq. in., Carbon Shaft.

The blade seems larger on the Angler Pro giving more surface area, and total weight of the paddle is lighter, so it does look there is sufficient difference.

Back on track with the Jackson Illumination Series. I think it's a cool idea, and will sell. It's not for me, but I'm sure some will buy it and it's not only for anglers, I'm sure some liveries will get some to do night time floats, it would make it easier for the leader to keep track of everyone. I was asked a year of so ago by a livery that exclusively uses Jackson Kayaks if I would guide some night time tours on full moons for their livery on a river. I didn't accept, but there was interest in it and I'm not sure if they are doing it, but the Illumination series would bake since for safety, and keeping track of everyone. Granted I'm not sure how bright they are or how long they glow for. I've used glow in the dark golf discs and they only stay illuminated for a few minutes, and need recharged.

Jeremy

CALL ME RIFLE
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by CALL ME RIFLE » Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:29 am

Mid TN-,to make note of the difference being a few ounces in weight,and an inch more of paddle face length shows that there are indeed measurement differences,but in absolutely no real world way performance differences....and certainly not any that would be visible on the water.It's like people arguing over the reels that vary in weight by a few grams...to me,it's rather foolish.The average man with some upper body strength certainly wouldn't notice the difference.But you'll surely notice the difference at the register,and for no good reason at all..

angry john
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by angry john » Sun Nov 25, 2012 3:31 pm

well you never know, someone may want to put on the shelf and pride themselves over, and to show all there friends. Then those grams mean everthing in the world :lol: