What paddle are you using.

Come share your backwater or even blue water success and help others learn more about fishing from a 'yak.
angry john
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

What paddle are you using.

Post by angry john » Wed Nov 13, 2013 1:23 pm

I guess i got lucky or dont know that there i a much better paddle out there for fishing. I am currently using a cannon wave paddle with a carbon shaft and the low angle blades. It costs me around 140, and it has always been good to me. Is there something i am missing out on? I see some crazy expensive paddles, is it worth the time money and effort? It gets me around great and i never feel beat up after a day of paddling. Did i just get lucky? :-k

BucketHunter
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: What paddle are you using.

Post by BucketHunter » Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:56 am

Paddles? HA
Pedals, that's where it's at!
Signed, an obvious Hobie owner.

uljersey
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by uljersey » Sun Nov 24, 2013 2:19 am

Aluminum one by Chute. Two piece, can be pitch adjusted three different positions. I slit and peeled off the cheesy vinyl shrink sleeve hand grips and replaced with 3M Temflex tape, which is a thick rubber electrician's tape. $50 paddle from Dick's. I'm 49 and no athlete, but I stay out usually 8 hours or more and don't find it tiring at all. I know there are lighter and sleeker options out there, but I myself have no need to go that route.

MidTNKayakAngler
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by MidTNKayakAngler » Wed Nov 27, 2013 2:39 am

My wife and I have been using the Adventure Technology Fish Stix for the past 4 years. They have been great paddles, but are starting to break down. We are now looking at different paddles for the 2014 season. I definately want to stay with the egro grip, adjustable furrel,under 30oz if possible or really close to it. We put 100+ days on the water a year, we used to put close to 200 days a year on the water, but someone wanted a job. So our equipment has a lot of hours on it.

A paddle is like your propeller, you want the most efficient tool out there that will hold up, and be reliable. We paddle out sometime to 6 miles in the gulf, or if we do an all day trip on the lake we may paddle up to 13-15 miles in a full day. I want something lightweight, powerful, efficient and reliable.

legendaryyaj
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by legendaryyaj » Fri Mar 28, 2014 11:09 am

I just received my Bending Branches Angler Ace.

The paddle had rave reviews but I just handled some Aquabound's today and they are lighter and cheaper than my Angler Ace. My paddle was pretty heavy when I took it out of the box.