Kayak Box

Come share your backwater or even blue water success and help others learn more about fishing from a 'yak.
GaterB
Angler
Angler

Kayak Box

Post by GaterB » Mon Dec 23, 2019 7:27 pm

What, in y’all’s opinion, is the best “box” for kayak fishing? I want one that offers ample storage in combination with the ability to hold up to 5 combos. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!
A fish in the hand is worth two in the brush

freelancer27
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Kayak Box

Post by freelancer27 » Mon Jan 06, 2020 6:04 pm

Lots of people like the YakAttack Black box. Comes with three rods pre-installed.

The Hobie H-Crate is also an option. A bit more expensive, but it looks like a bit quality product.

beezy
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by beezy » Sat Feb 08, 2020 7:45 pm

What's your budget? If you're trying to spend the least amount of money, you can't go wrong with a milk crate. I'm still using one right now and I attached 6 rod holders to it. It can hold plenty of tackle and other accessories that I might need out on the water.

Bubbleboy
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Bubbleboy » Sat Mar 14, 2020 8:09 pm

I’ve used a few things over the years. The YakAttack Blackpak is the best out there. It holds six rod comfortably.

Toronto, Ont.

Sterfry26
Angler
Angler

Post by Sterfry26 » Mon Jan 04, 2021 9:24 am

I personally really like the blackpack. I have been kayak fishing for about 5 years now and have used all of the homemade crates and they just don't work as well. I would recommend getting the nucanoe one as it comes with hinges or just order the hinges afterward. The hinges go a long way and are a big quality of life improvement. I have some 3D printed brackets on mine that hold an extra rod holder on each side and they are slightly angled in. That in combination with a bit of padding here and there to dampen the noise has created a great crate for me.

MeatHead
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Post by MeatHead » Mon Jan 04, 2021 10:32 am

beezy wrote:
Sat Feb 08, 2020 7:45 pm
What's your budget? If you're trying to spend the least amount of money, you can't go wrong with a milk crate. I'm still using one right now and I attached 6 rod holders to it. It can hold plenty of tackle and other accessories that I might need out on the water.
This is what I use as well. Fits perfectly behind my cooler in the rear tank tankwell of my Outback and has plenty of storage space.

rando
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by rando » Tue Jan 05, 2021 10:01 am

Milk crate. Hard to beat for the price. PVC pipes for rod holders.
Cheap effective and never felt like I needed an upgrade.
Also, holes in the crate allow me to put a steak out pole through it.