Daiwa SS Air comparation to Shimano 51E + Avail Microcast

How small is your rod and how light is your line? It's not about the size of your tackle, but how you work it. Come share your Ultralight and Bait Finesse System (BFS) fishing success here!
Vekaszoltan
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Daiwa SS Air comparation to Shimano 51E + Avail Microcast

Post by Vekaszoltan » Tue Jun 28, 2016 6:17 am

Hello !
I want to know if somebody used Daiwa SS Air and if it casts 2g - lures (no jig).
Because I have Shimano 51e + spool Avail Microcast Honey (6,1g), cast's well 2g lure, but I think SS Air cast's better or euqal than Shimano.
Somebody could help me with some advices or informations ?
Thank you !

ss30378
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: Daiwa SS Air comparation to Shimano 51E + Avail Microcas

Post by ss30378 » Wed Jun 29, 2016 1:34 am

I've had many of both and the ss air has no problem casting 2.0g lures. That being said the avail spool shimano's will cast lighter lures further. The daiwa brake setup is better for battling changing wind conditions but wont quite match the distance the shimano can achieve. But either can present 2.0g lures without issue. The ss air is a more precise and refined reel than the shimano 50s are, but is a physically larger reel (same size as a steez). Hope this helps.

Vekaszoltan
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Post by Vekaszoltan » Sun Jul 03, 2016 8:38 pm

Thank you very much for the information !
I'm a fan Daiwa and I want to use daiwa with cranck bait 1.5g and the reel on a custom rod Phenix Alixire 6,6 ft ultra light torzite guide. What do you think ? It will work ?

ss30378
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by ss30378 » Wed Jul 06, 2016 12:09 am

I've tested down to a 1.0g bare jig head on the ss air and once dialed in with a good line I could get around 45 feet with a box stock ss air. 1.5g would be much easier to get longer distance. I use 2 rods, a st Croix legend inshore 6'6" extra light, and a Jackson super trickster 6'4" light without issue so I'd would say your rod will work very well.