UL Baitcasting Rod

How small is your rod and how light is your line? It's not about the size of your tackle, but how you work it. Come share your Ultralight and Bait Finesse System (BFS) fishing success here!
DaiwaFreak
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

UL Baitcasting Rod

Post by DaiwaFreak » Sat Apr 02, 2011 10:54 am

Hi guys, I am looking for a UL baitcasting rod to go with my pixy. I plan on using it for lures around the 1/16-1/8oz range. I know some japanese companies make UL baitcasting rods for trout, but I can't seem to find any. If anybody can give me some clue as to where I can find these JDM trout bc rods or any other UL bc rod, that would be great.

Cheers,

Daiwafreak

Ranger 619VS
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: UL Baitcasting Rod

Post by Ranger 619VS » Sat Apr 02, 2011 11:38 am

DaiwaFreak,

I had a 6'6" custom built on a 1-3kg fast action blank to go along with my presso bc. It was built for me by a Aussie builder but I will not recomend him due to trouble I had with him on a second project. I throw 1/16th and 1/8th on mine all the time. Let us know what you find. Daiwa used to make a great presso bc rod but have not seen them for a few years.

Ranger 619VS

bigreddog
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by bigreddog » Wed Apr 06, 2011 3:23 pm

You could try the Megabass Pagani Elese f0-60xp (rated 1/16oz-1/2oz), or if you're in the mood for a 2-piece, Shimano also produces the Cardiff 64sul-b (rated 2g-5g), which was designed for the 50/51s-dc reels.

Between these two options, the Cardiff is the softer of the two.

The Megabass is relatively easy to find. I acquired the Shimano rod from Proshop Otsuka (fishing-otsuka.co.jp), who had one in stock at the time. It's probably something you could special order through them or any of the usual suspects.

UFM also has the Tuned Backwater bws-68tb, which looks awesome and goes down to 0.8oz (!), but you could probably get the other two rods and still have change left over from the price of one of these!
Last edited by bigreddog on Thu Sep 13, 2012 12:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Katron
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Katron » Sat Apr 09, 2011 2:13 pm

How much are you looking to spend?
Previously "theflyingplatypus".

KoYak
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by KoYak » Sat Jun 04, 2011 12:18 am

diggin up a kind of old post.

Looks like Majorcraft has a line of UL baitcasting rods and, bonus, plat carries them:

http://www.plat.co.jp/shop/catalog/defa ... ystem.html