Skinniest knot joining nanofil to 2 lbs fluoro...?

How small is your rod and how light is your line? It's not about the size of your tackle, but how you work it. Come share your Ultralight and Bait Finesse System (BFS) fishing success here!
ultralight
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Skinniest knot joining nanofil to 2 lbs fluoro...?

Post by ultralight » Sat Oct 27, 2012 9:49 pm

I'd like to try some nanofil to go with my micro guides and need the skinniest reliable knot to join 3 lbs nanofil with 2 lbs fluro/mono. What do you guys/gals use?

I'm also concerned about the nanofil biting into the fluoro and cutting it with the wrong knot. Read somewhere about that.

Thanks,
UL

Capebass
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Re: Skinniest knot joining nanofil to 2 lbs fluoro...?

Post by Capebass » Sun Oct 28, 2012 6:41 am

Nothing better than the Alberto Knot. It's as small as can be, and it has never failed me. Here is how to tie it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S6x9FY9s9Dc

uljersey
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by uljersey » Sun Oct 28, 2012 7:09 am

Capebass wrote:Nothing better than the Alberto Knot. It's as small as can be, and it has never failed me. Here is how to tie it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S6x9FY9s9Dc
Yep. Excellent knot. I know it as the albright knot. Here's another vid of the same knot. http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... 2R9F9ZNi2I

HOWEVER ... in both videos they did not wet the knot with saliva or water before pulling it tight. Big mistake on any knot, even a bigger mistake with fluorocarbon line.

Thor
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Thor » Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:31 am

I do not have enough time with Nanofil but whatever knot you choose I would suggest that the Nanofil be doubled. Also, a larger number of wraps with the Nanofil. This type of line works best with jam knots, so a back to back Uniknot is what I have been testing.

rickman1
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by rickman1 » Sun Oct 28, 2012 9:32 am

I use the Albright knot and I do wet it before tightening the knot up. I also add a very, very small dab of Zap-A-Gap to the knot and spread it evenly and allow it to completely dry before spooling the line on or using the line. Have patience, I use the 4# line and it's pain to tie but once you get it, it's good to go. No problems with the lines separating.

ultralight
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by ultralight » Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:21 pm

Thanks everyone. The Albright it is then. Looks simple enough. Much appreciated.

UL