any feedback on the American Presso PSO562ULFS

How small is your rod and how light is your line? It's not about the size of your tackle, but how you work it. Come share your Ultralight and Bait Finesse System (BFS) fishing success here!
earthworm77
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

any feedback on the American Presso PSO562ULFS

Post by earthworm77 » Sat Jul 09, 2016 1:03 am

This would be the 5-6 2pc UL PSO562ULFS. I can snatch one up for a decent price. Just would like to know if it is a decent rod and how it might compare to maybe a Bass Para. I use mostly Major Craft stuff for my lighter rods and am in the market for a cheaper rod to leave at the cabin. The Presso looks to be decent and at under 60.00 shipped, I can't touch any Major Craft for that. Basically will be a pond rod for my cabin in NC that has a 1.5 acre bass/gill pond. They absolutely kill beetle spins in the spring, that was what I was looking to do with this or some small creek smallmouth fishing.

earthworm77
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: any feedback on the American Presso PSO562ULFS

Post by earthworm77 » Sat Jul 16, 2016 9:35 am

I picked one up and I have to say, it is pretty impressive. I really love my Major Craft rods but I think I will give this one the nod over my Sol Para 562 SUL which is a real buggy whip. The Presso has a faster action and might be more in tune to how I prefer to fish. I really like the finish on the rod, I'm not much of a Daiwa fan but the ribbed clear coat is a really nice touch. This rod should crush for 'gills and UL bass.

fish2light
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by fish2light » Sun Jul 17, 2016 6:18 am

I bought the 7ft don't agree with my kinda fishing, I wanted a multi rod, for pan fish and bass here in NC. I'm now looking at Major Craft. My son was out casting me with his Zodias ML rod and landed a 8lb bass that day which give him bragging rights.

earthworm77
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by earthworm77 » Sun Jul 17, 2016 2:36 pm

I will have a review of the Major Craft Corkish CKS-652 up by this weekend. Might be right up your alley......coincidentally, the Presso is for my pond on my property in NC.