Tsurinoya 2.1m UL

How small is your rod and how light is your line? It's not about the size of your tackle, but how you work it. Come share your Ultralight and Bait Finesse System (BFS) fishing success here!
reason162
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Tsurinoya 2.1m UL

Post by reason162 » Wed Sep 06, 2017 1:37 pm

anyone know if this rod is actually a fast taper?

shortened link: https://goo.gl/U8itVF

Under hardness it says "superhard" lol...anyone interpret this for me?

fffishing
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Tsurinoya 2.1m UL

Post by fffishing » Wed Sep 06, 2017 3:58 pm

Fast action,and Solid tip (that's you're was confused)
I don't use them,but some fisherman's say,-that's good for small lures.

LowRange
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by LowRange » Wed Sep 06, 2017 4:36 pm

It has a solid carbon tip so it should be pretty fast. The hardness refers to the stiffness of the backbone of the rod and material used in the blank. Teton trout rods are listed as soft for example. If you get the rod let us know how you like it. If you buy off aloexpress make sure to use a seller that had sold a lot of that product.

reason162
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by reason162 » Wed Sep 06, 2017 4:54 pm

LowRange wrote:It has a solid carbon tip so it should be pretty fast. The hardness refers to the stiffness of the backbone of the rod and material used in the blank. Teton trout rods are listed as soft for example. If you get the rod let us know how you like it. If you buy off aloexpress make sure to use a seller that had sold a lot of that product.
Interesting, I might have to give this a whirl. I got the Teton 6' UL, thing is a noodle...I want something crisper for my UL saltwater fishing! Thanks for playing interpreter Lowrange!

reason162
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by reason162 » Wed Sep 06, 2017 5:41 pm

LowRange wrote:It has a solid carbon tip so it should be pretty fast.
So...I found this on youtube: https://youtu.be/INhxaZ3oe0c?t=542

Link is time stamped. Seems like the Russian likes it! Looks like a fast action to me...

LowRange
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by LowRange » Wed Sep 06, 2017 11:42 pm

reason162 wrote:
LowRange wrote:It has a solid carbon tip so it should be pretty fast. The hardness refers to the stiffness of the backbone of the rod and material used in the blank. Teton trout rods are listed as soft for example. If you get the rod let us know how you like it. If you buy off aloexpress make sure to use a seller that had sold a lot of that product.
Interesting, I might have to give this a whirl. I got the Teton 6' UL, thing is a noodle...I want something crisper for my UL saltwater fishing! Thanks for playing interpreter Lowrange!
No problem. I spend way too much time on that site. I've been eyeing the Tsurinoya Dexterity for a while but never pulled the trigger. Lets us know how the solid tip transitions to the blank, how light it can cast and how much backbone the rod has. The blank diameter looks larger than what is on the Kuying Trout rods so that is a good sign but that upper limit of 5 grams seems kinda low. Maybe the solid tip is the limiting factor?

Houndfish
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Houndfish » Thu Sep 07, 2017 5:56 pm

I am interested in that rod as well, but that reel seat looks pretty uncomfortable. I have a few spinning rod's with minimal (but less minimal that that one) reel seats and after a few hours they really cramp my hand, I think I unconsciously grip them too tight where I have found with a fuller seat I will fall into a more relaxed grip.

reason162
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by reason162 » Thu Sep 07, 2017 6:09 pm

I'm deciding between the 2.1 and the 1.89, the shorter rod is rated to 8g? I can't get a straight answer from any of the sellers...on the shorter rod I asked what the action was, and they respond "ultralight"...

What reel would you guys pair to the 2.1m? I want to use my 500 symetre, afraid it's too much rod for the reel.