Well looky what I found ...

How small is your rod and how light is your line? It's not about the size of your tackle, but how you work it. Come share your Ultralight and Bait Finesse System (BFS) fishing success here!
uljersey
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Well looky what I found ...

Post by uljersey » Wed Oct 17, 2018 5:33 pm

I travel for work and scour stores for tackle gems ... I found two of these Bomber Fat A 3F baits at a Wally World in Delaware in a Pradco random bait box. My final destination was Maryland where I just hit the local WW and scored two more. Pradco does not list these on their site at all, it's like they don't exist. I'm thinking Pradco ships boxes of random baits to WW (perhaps exclusively for WW) and it's a luck of the draw type of thing. These were in Bomber's lineup for years but dropped off the face of the earth quite a while ago. Yeah, WW is one of the last places I think about when it comes to fishing tackle, and stores within miles of each other can have vastly different fishing departments, but sometimes these little gems pop up. These are about the same size as an SK Bitsy Minnow.

hoohoorjoo
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Re: Well looky what I found ...

Post by hoohoorjoo » Wed Oct 17, 2018 5:41 pm

I also found several of the Cotton Cordell UL C.C. Shad lures at my local Wallyworld in that same anonymous Pradco box. They are awesome little lures that save me from the "skunk" on a regular basis.
Try not to let your mind wander. It is much too small to be outside unsupervised.

hoohoorjoo
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by hoohoorjoo » Wed Oct 17, 2018 5:49 pm

These are a hair over 2" including the lip. The body itself is just over 1 3/8".

Try not to let your mind wander. It is much too small to be outside unsupervised.

uljersey
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by uljersey » Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:03 pm

hoohoorjoo wrote:These are a hair over 2" including the lip.

Ha ! I grabbed a few of those while traveling last winter but haven't actually tied them on yet ... good to know they get bit.

LowRange
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by LowRange » Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:35 pm

uljersey wrote:I travel for work and scour stores for tackle gems ... I found two of these Bomber Fat A 3F baits at a Wally World in Delaware in a Pradco random bait box. My final destination was Maryland where I just hit the local WW and scored two more. Pradco does not list these on their site at all, it's like they don't exist. I'm thinking Pradco ships boxes of random baits to WW (perhaps exclusively for WW) and it's a luck of the draw type of thing. These were in Bomber's lineup for years but dropped off the face of the earth quite a while ago. Yeah, WW is one of the last places I think about when it comes to fishing tackle, and stores within miles of each other can have vastly different fishing departments, but sometimes these little gems pop up. These are about the same size as an SK Bitsy Minnow.

I wasn't aware there versions of that bait that were that small. I'll have to check the prodco bins at my walmarts.

timinmo
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by timinmo » Thu Oct 18, 2018 4:32 am

Pradco sent those boxes to all their retailers that wanted them. I know two retailers, not WW, in the St. Louis area that had and may still have them. As you said the selection varied. I picked up some ultralight top waters as well as the CC lures but not all the lures are ultralight. They were quite a bargain.

prybis
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by prybis » Thu Oct 18, 2018 2:43 pm

I will have to check out my WW.
Mike P.