Testing 2018 Lunakia and 18 Corto.

How small is your rod and how light is your line? It's not about the size of your tackle, but how you work it. Come share your Ultralight and Bait Finesse System (BFS) fishing success here!
Alphahawk
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Testing 2018 Lunakia and 18 Corto.

Post by Alphahawk » Fri Jan 18, 2019 2:14 pm

Hit the tailrace below Normandy Dam this morning for a couple of hours. All of my trout fishing is done with a Trout Magnet. Those who fish it the best...including the designer and owner....will tell you that a fast action tip fishes it best. I’ve found this to be true. Well the Corto really shines for trout. The trout there should really put on the weight the next few months.....Shad kills already evident. Thought I would show the bend of the Lunakia under full load on a big drum. Hope you all enjoy.

Regards

https://youtu.be/xGniwa_6V5I

https://youtu.be/WGeLfeUhhRI

Craigthor
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Testing 2018 Lunakia and 18 Corto.

Post by Craigthor » Fri Jan 18, 2019 2:35 pm

Great videos as always, which rod do you feel is softer the ‘18 Corto or the ‘18 Lunakia? That drum was a beast it’s always fun to land big fish on light lines.

Alphahawk
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Alphahawk » Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:04 pm

Craigthor wrote:Great videos as always, which rod do you feel is softer the ‘18 Corto or the ‘18 Lunakia? That drum was a beast it’s always fun to land big fish on light lines.
Thanks for the kind words. The Lunakia is the softer rod. The Corto was better than I expected on stocker trout. Using the ester line it felt like a shock in your hand when a trout hit. Every time I catch a fish with the Corto I’m surprised just how much fun it is on smaller fish.....since the rod is so rigid.

Regards

Craigthor
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Craigthor » Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:18 pm

Maybe I should have tried the Lunakia over the Prototype, oh well I have my eyes on a few different rods once funds are available.

ultralight
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by ultralight » Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:14 pm

Alphahawk, that Drum is something else on 2 lbs test. Did you try the Lunakia with for trout or was it just the Corto? I would assume the Corto is more sensitive for jigs...? It sure if fast action.

Craigthor, I hear you with your spoons - perhaps Lunakia over both Cortos... :)

Craigthor
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Craigthor » Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:39 pm

ultralight wrote:Alphahawk, that Drum is something else on 2 lbs test. Did you try the Lunakia with for trout or was it just the Corto? I would assume the Corto is more sensitive for jigs...? It sure if fast action.

I believe that to be the case, though once I move the Cortos out I may go for a BFS setup or a Fiberglass Anglo & Co rod.

Alphahawk
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Alphahawk » Sat Jan 19, 2019 8:34 am

ultralight wrote:Alphahawk, that Drum is something else on 2 lbs test. Did you try the Lunakia with for trout or was it just the Corto? I would assume the Corto is more sensitive for jigs...? It sure if fast action.

I did not take the Lunakia with me. I find if I’m really wanting to test out a rod, and I take others along when I know I’m only going to be out a couple of hours I can’t accomplish what I set out to do with stated rod. I will take the Lunakia for trout at some point. I’m really wanting the water to come down where I fished at so I can take the Banshee SUL there. The water will be only about 3 feet deep and I know a riffle that drops into a hole and you can catch 100 trout a day there.....makes for a lot of fun.

Regards