1-3g hard baits

How small is your rod and how light is your line? It's not about the size of your tackle, but how you work it. Come share your Ultralight and Bait Finesse System (BFS) fishing success here!
slipperybob
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: 1-3g hard baits

Post by slipperybob » Thu Oct 17, 2019 2:27 am

uljersey wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2019 5:59 pm

Funny you mentioned those old Yo-Zuri baits with the articulated tails. The Wally Worlds in my region all have Yo-Zuri/Duel dump boxes on the bottom shelf. They're a mixture of salt & fresh water baits. I've been grabbing these when I can find them (selection varies by store, never know what you'll find) I've never seen them, googling them shows them to be an overseas item as far as I can tell.

Those were sort of available on the other side of the world only. Wow. I've been eyeing them Fin tail Vibes.

I might have to check out Wally World although I avoid it so much.
slip bobbing is the laziest way to fish

uljersey
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by uljersey » Thu Oct 17, 2019 9:49 am

slipperybob wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2019 2:27 am
uljersey wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2019 5:59 pm

Funny you mentioned those old Yo-Zuri baits with the articulated tails. The Wally Worlds in my region all have Yo-Zuri/Duel dump boxes on the bottom shelf. They're a mixture of salt & fresh water baits. I've been grabbing these when I can find them (selection varies by store, never know what you'll find) I've never seen them, googling them shows them to be an overseas item as far as I can tell.

Those were sort of available on the other side of the world only. Wow. I've been eyeing them Fin tail Vibes.

I might have to check out Wally World although I avoid it so much.

Keep in mind “The dark side” is not always the realm of JDM gear, high end tackle stores and web sites ... sometimes you gotta put on your waders and go slumming LOL. My job takes me from New York to Virginia and all states in between. To kill time at night I scour the area for tackle, and since stand alone tackle shops are few and far between I can always find a Wally Mart. I’ve found many deals and gems there over the years, and I’ve found that the store’s proximity to water has zero bearing on what the fishing section will be like. One of my best “hunts” was at one in Northeast Philadelphia, hardly a fishing Mecca by any stretch. The best advice I can offer someone looking to go hunting in one is go early (like before 9 am) before the zombies and mouth breathers crawl out of their holes and start invading ...

slipperybob
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by slipperybob » Thu Oct 17, 2019 6:42 pm

Yes...I used to like to go to the 24 hr wallymart, but since then most of them are no longer operating 24 hrs.

Alphahawk
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Alphahawk » Thu Oct 17, 2019 7:19 pm

Thought I would throw this one out there. The 3 gram Magbite McFly. It is the real deal. Smallies....KY bass....shellcracker.....crappie...bluegill........white bass.......they all kill it. Haven’t been this excited about a lure since I first started using Trout Magnet over 11 years ago. Have 21 Magbites on hand and 25 knock offs coming. I test a lot of lures.......most don’t pass what I’m looking for and are either sitting on my shelves in the garage or I give them away. I initially purchased 6 McFly. After a lot of testing ordered the rest.

Regards

Rusty Shackelford
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Post by Rusty Shackelford » Sat Oct 19, 2019 3:42 pm

The Rebel Micro Minnows are 1/16 oz and come with a single barbless hook as part of the structure of the lure, almost like a lipped jig. I have used them and they have a very good rolling action.

https://www.rebellures.com/rebel-micro-minnow

prybis
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by prybis » Fri Nov 01, 2019 10:38 am

When you change over to single hooks, which way do you have the hook point? Rear or tail hook point up and bottom hook point down? Getting ready to change out a few trebble hooks. Thanks.
Mike P.

Rusty Shackelford
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Post by Rusty Shackelford » Fri Nov 01, 2019 11:19 am

prybis wrote:
Fri Nov 01, 2019 10:38 am
When you change over to single hooks, which way do you have the hook point? Rear or tail hook point up and bottom hook point down? Getting ready to change out a few trebble hooks. Thanks.
You want them facing opposite directions, tail facing backwards(up) and mid-body facing forwards(down) towards the lip/eyelet.

slipperybob
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by slipperybob » Fri Nov 08, 2019 6:21 am

https://www.kendersoutdoors.com/collections/k-rip

These are legit with little rattles in them. I haven't used them, but waiting till I get some solid ice to got ice fishing. Will find out so how well the tiny ones vibe.

slipperybob
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by slipperybob » Tue Nov 12, 2019 3:53 pm

The new Micro Magic Man from 13 fishing. Wow these are detailed very well. The 30mm at about 1/14th oz. Makes my Z-Viber look bland somewhat.

Knotty
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Knotty » Thu Nov 14, 2019 7:56 am

slipperybob wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 6:21 am
https://www.kendersoutdoors.com/collections/k-rip

These are legit with little rattles in them. I haven't used them, but waiting till I get some solid ice to got ice fishing. Will find out so how well the tiny ones vibe.
Available in 1/64, 1/32 and 1/16. Hard to imagine this in the 1/64 oz size. Talk about SMALL!

Of course now my curiosity is peaked.