Lunakia 2018 6’ 10”

How small is your rod and how light is your line? It's not about the size of your tackle, but how you work it. Come share your Ultralight and Bait Finesse System (BFS) fishing success here!
Alphahawk
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Lunakia 2018 6’ 10”

Post by Alphahawk » Wed Mar 27, 2019 7:40 pm

Tested out the 6’ 10” Lunakia today fishing the catch basin below Normandy Dam. Did not take the GoPro......I should have. I was only going to stay for about 45 minutes...3 hours later I had netted over 100 trout and bluegill. Most of the bluegill were 8-8.5 inches. Normandy is not known for big bluegill. Cast to the left of the seam....bluegill.....the right of the seam catch a trout. Had a lot of really nice trout....a few looked to be about 15 inches. I know I had some drag pulling fun. Now...to the rod. Bite detection is superb. Fun factor is at the top. It has the power to tame a 15 inch trout with no problems yet is fun with bluegill.....even smaller Gills. The rod casts well but not as well as the Finezza. Which really is not an issue. This is my first rod that is a hybrid being a mix of Ajing/Mebaru. I would say they nailed it. It is a rod I can take to Dale Hollow to fish for Gills and not be afraid to hook into those 20 plus inch Smallies. I was using a Daiwa Gekkabijin 1 gram jig head with Varivas 2.3# test ester mono. This rod will work out great as an all rounder.

Regards

Knotty
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Lunakia 2018 6’ 10”

Post by Knotty » Thu Mar 28, 2019 9:22 am

Good to know as I generally prefer equipment that is multipurpose. I like to go out with no more than one or two setups.

Alphahawk
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Lunakia 2018 6’ 10”

Post by Alphahawk » Thu Mar 28, 2019 1:42 pm

Knotty wrote:Good to know as I generally prefer equipment that is multipurpose. I like to go out with no more than one or two setups.
Fished the Lunakia again today......gave it a big workout today. It is a keeper for sure.

Regards