Finezza Prototype 2017 UL.

How small is your rod and how light is your line? It's not about the size of your tackle, but how you work it. Come share your Ultralight and Bait Finesse System (BFS) fishing success here!
Alphahawk
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Finezza Prototype 2017 UL.

Post by Alphahawk » Thu Apr 04, 2019 5:11 pm

I’m becoming very fond of this rod. Going to take it ......along with it’s brother.......18 Corto......to Dale Hollow Saturday for a little smallmouth action......hopefully. Check out the bend in the Finezza on some slab crappie and 11 inch white bass.

Regards

https://youtu.be/2BnKQN_IyAA

Craigthor
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Finezza Prototype 2017 UL.

Post by Craigthor » Thu Apr 04, 2019 5:17 pm

Amazing bend in the rod!

ultralight
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: Finezza Prototype 2017 UL.

Post by ultralight » Thu Apr 04, 2019 9:52 pm

Looking forward to your thoughts. Really curious about that Finezza now....wanting to get my hands on one. :)

With the 18 Corto, my guess is that it will come into its own more with higher weight jigs - maybe in the 3 g range and up? Just guessing on this as I've not actually fished it. For the 1g trout magnet, I've said that I think the significantly softer 6' 1" is likely to work better.

ps: By the way, going OT here, fished the 6' 9" Tict Drift (that I was gifted) last week with a few 2 lbs trout on the line. Never experienced a rod quite like that - the top half is XUL - softest tips I've used yet (though I have a couple of blanks with even softer tips designed for 1 g jigs max but they are not yet built) and yet the lower half has enough power to control the fish. What is unique about that rod is the casting accuracy - I've not had any other rod that I can cast 1 gram jigs as accurately as that Drift. The unusual top does require a different casting stroke and release point. And its wonderful soft top half that will make even small fish fun. Very unique rod - don't know of anything else quite like it. .