Anyone have experience with Troutin Marquis telescopic models?

How small is your rod and how light is your line? It's not about the size of your tackle, but how you work it. Come share your Ultralight and Bait Finesse System (BFS) fishing success here!
oops
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Anyone have experience with Troutin Marquis telescopic models?

Post by oops » Wed May 15, 2019 6:26 pm

Looking at the three spinning models. Primary lure will be 1/32 and 1/16oz jigheads with 1-2" plastics, and the occasional spoon, spinner or crankbait in the 3 gram to 1/8oz range. My TSR801-2 is perfect for those for a day out on the boat, but I'm looking for something that takes up no space in my car, that I can take with me camping, etc, and the Troutin Marquis rods look like one may fit the bill for what I want.

The TMNS-485UL looks great as far as lure and line weights, I'm just a bit wary as 4'8" sounds very very short. Meanwhile the other 2 models above 5' sound like they may go past what I'm looking for as they are rated as Light power rods and have lure and line weights far beyond what I'd consider using. Hoping someone on TT has tried one or more of these and has some input on which one might be best for me :)