Tict ice cube power version ?

How small is your rod and how light is your line? It's not about the size of your tackle, but how you work it. Come share your Ultralight and Bait Finesse System (BFS) fishing success here!
slime king
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Tict ice cube power version ?

Post by slime king » Sat Jun 15, 2019 8:13 pm

Do any of you know if the power version of the ice cube comes with a solid tip or tubular tip? Please let me know if any of you have fished this version and have experience with it.

Alphahawk
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Tict ice cube power version ?

Post by Alphahawk » Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:42 am

slime king wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 8:13 pm
Do any of you know if the power version of the ice cube comes with a solid tip or tubular tip? Please let me know if any of you have fished this version and have experience with it.
It is a solid tip rod. I don’t own one but do own a Rockin Finesse and a Rockin Drift. Tict products impress me. The rods are extremely sensitive. The build quality is great.

Regards

slime king
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by slime king » Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:00 pm

Thanks. I’m assuming this would be more powerful that the finesse and drift? It’s rated for PE line but I would most likely run 3.3lb tectan mono.

Alphahawk
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Alphahawk » Sun Jun 16, 2019 8:01 pm

slime king wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:00 pm
Thanks. I’m assuming this would be more powerful that the finesse and drift? It’s rated for PE line but I would most likely run 3.3lb tectan mono.
Oh yes.....the Finesse is quite a bit more powerful than the Drift. The Power is rated up to 7 gram lure rating. Should make for an interesting rod.

Regards

slime king
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by slime king » Mon Jun 17, 2019 5:04 am

Kind of what I’m thinking. It looks like it would be an ultralight that handles 1/64 oz yet still has some power to move fish out of some cover. I’ll put up a quick review after I receive the rod.

fffishing
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by fffishing » Sat Jun 22, 2019 5:38 pm

slime king wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 5:04 am
Kind of what I’m thinking. It looks like it would be an ultralight that handles 1/64 oz yet still has some power to move fish out of some cover. I’ll put up a quick review after I receive the rod.
I have this rod,just was fishing today...1/64 8-) ,it's a bit optimistic :D ...So,rod works from 1/16 jig weight,but works also up to 3/8...it's stiff,good info to your hand from lure,keep fish well,have a good backbone.

ultralight
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by ultralight » Thu Jun 27, 2019 8:46 pm

I don't have the rod you are asking about but I do have the Drift which is significantly lower power. I would say the Drift is a great 1/64 and 1/32 rod. Given that the power version you are looking at is significantly more power, it may be too much power for the UL feel though I think just about any rod can successfully launch a 1/64 out there. Just my hunch.