Kage ultralight

How small is your rod and how light is your line? It's not about the size of your tackle, but how you work it. Come share your Ultralight and Bait Finesse System (BFS) fishing success here!
timinmo
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Kage ultralight

Post by timinmo » Fri Aug 16, 2019 5:10 am

Just because this is TT and we are always in search of new "stuff". I thought some maybe interested in the new Kage ultralight spinning rods that Daiwa is releasing in the states. I have been unable to find them on their site but they are in the new Daiwa print catalog. 5'6" to 7'1" and what I found exciting is they have what Daiwa terms the "Mega" top. Seems like a solid top to me but might have some difference. All this is from memory, which gets worse all the time, so if I made some errors please don't hold it against me. I am not sure when they will be available but like I said they are in the 2019-2020 catalog.

poisonokie
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Kage ultralight

Post by poisonokie » Fri Aug 16, 2019 12:10 pm

Awesome, but why the hell can't they throw casting seats and guides on some for a change? :x
This is the way.

hoohoorjoo
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by hoohoorjoo » Fri Aug 16, 2019 4:34 pm

poisonokie wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 12:10 pm
Awesome, but why the hell can't they throw casting seats and guides on some for a change? :x
Ditto!
Try not to let your mind wander. It is much too small to be outside unsupervised.

timinmo
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by timinmo » Sat Aug 17, 2019 1:49 pm

I also would love to see more ultra light casting rods in the US market. That would mean some kind of warranty with a company here and not the expense of importing rods from Japan. I certainly have no problem with the JDM rods but I really like being able to handle a rod before buying.

waterone
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by waterone » Mon Aug 19, 2019 4:27 am

It seems that this rod is currently out of stock, but there are other offerings.

I can vouch for the Major Craft line and specifically this Corzza model, if its the same as 2018's model that was a JDM rod.

https://majorcraft-america.com/product/corzza-casting/

Look for the lightest offering, the 6'5" UL model, labeled UL class finesse".

This year, they are also offering MS-x and Speedstyle UL Casting rods. It's interesting that Major Craft isn't trumpeting the "BFS angle" if he rods are the same as the JDM BFS rods.

timinmo
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by timinmo » Mon Aug 19, 2019 9:07 am

I guess in true TT fashion the fact that there is a new high quality ultralight "spinning" rod is lost by the first post.

Knotty
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Knotty » Mon Aug 19, 2019 6:40 pm

timinmo wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 9:07 am
I guess in true TT fashion the fact that there is a new high quality ultralight "spinning" rod is lost by the first post.
Well, I'd still be interested in a spinning version, so please post a link when Daiwa adds it to their site.

poisonokie
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by poisonokie » Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:06 pm

timinmo wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 9:07 am
:lol: I stand by my statement.
This is the way.

Ranger 619VS
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Ranger 619VS » Fri Aug 30, 2019 6:46 pm

I would like to see them for sure....Can you snap a picture of the catalog? Handle style and actions>?

poisonokie
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by poisonokie » Fri Aug 30, 2019 7:18 pm

Mega top is just Daiwa's nomenclature for a solid tip. They say theirs is denser and stronger than the typical solid tip, etc etc. I have one on my Tatula med x-fast casting rod and it's pretty awesome.
This is the way.

timinmo
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by timinmo » Wed Sep 04, 2019 6:27 pm

Ranger, I am unable to post pictures on here but if you want to PM me your email or cell number I can send them to you. I tried to PM you but the messages are hung up in my outbox. I really doubt that all this is worth the effort but I am not sure when the newest Daiwa catalog will be available. Like I said before the rods were nice enough we ordered some but they also cost close to $200.

Ranger 619VS
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Ranger 619VS » Wed Sep 04, 2019 6:34 pm

PM sent......I am a HUGE ultra light fan, love my Daiwa JDM reels. Always interested in new stuff......Thanks Tim.

timinmo
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by timinmo » Tue Sep 17, 2019 4:18 pm

For Ranger and anyone else with an interest. We received our first Kage ULs today. Every bit as cool as I thought they were in August.

Ranger 619VS
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Ranger 619VS » Tue Sep 17, 2019 5:06 pm

Timinmo,

KInda sorta maybe interested in a KAG712ULFS.....IS your shop going to carry the reels too? I have a friend who wants a few......Just curious if it is a Tatula with Chrome trim and a cork knob?

Ranger 619VS

timinmo
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by timinmo » Tue Sep 17, 2019 6:25 pm

Ranger 619VS we did not order any of the reels. I kinda felt they were dressed up Tatulas like you said. This doesn't mean that your shop will not have them or that if a customer came into our store and asked I would not order one for them. I do think the rods are cool and don't know of any other solid tip domestic rods, but my memory is far from perfect.

If a person is interested I would suggest they go to their local shop and ask for them. Maybe Tackle Trap will have them. I think that 7'1" is one of the ones we received today.

Tim