Major Craft N-ONE

How small is your rod and how light is your line? It's not about the size of your tackle, but how you work it. Come share your Ultralight and Bait Finesse System (BFS) fishing success here!
Knotty
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Major Craft N-ONE

Post by Knotty » Thu Aug 29, 2019 7:45 am

Had to replace the tip top guides on my two inexpensive UL spin rods (Daiwa Presso and Spinmatic). Installed new guides but felt that was reason enough to shop for a replacement rod. I've been very happy with my two ajing rods, a Kuying 2 piece and a Major Craft 4 piece travel rod, both 7'6". I like the solid tips, the broad lure weight range and the backbone ajing rods seem to have but I wanted something shorter for bank and stream fishing. Kuying didn't have any shorter ajing rods. Tsurinoya did but I'm still on the fence with that brand.

Major Craft has a good reputation as one of the more reasonably priced, high quality, JDM brands and it turned out they had ajing rods down to 5'6". I settled on the 6'4" NSL-S642-AJI for around $200 from Japan. It's hard to research JDM gear but I found a review of a different N-One where the writer questioned Major Craft's marketing decision with the N-One line because it was much less expensive than their Truzer but came close in performance. That's all I needed to read. Can't wait until it arrives!

Anyone else fishing an N-One?