AliExpress

How small is your rod and how light is your line? It's not about the size of your tackle, but how you work it. Come share your Ultralight and Bait Finesse System (BFS) fishing success here!
prybis
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

AliExpress

Post by prybis » Mon Nov 04, 2019 3:43 pm

Was wondering what is the best way to have rods shipped when ordering off AliExpress? I have only ordered one rod of this site and it has not gone good so far. Package was damaged so I refused to sign for it and had it returned to the sender. Local post office did not scan it when they sent it back. I had to get them to manually input the tracking info to show it being returned to the sender. Now I am awaiting a response from sender to see if they are sending a new one or giving a refund. I only have 20 or 25 days to open a dispute. If they send a new one I am sure it will take longer than 25 days for it to get here. Not sure if it is worth paying th extra for shipping or not.
Mike P.

earthworm77
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: AliExpress

Post by earthworm77 » Mon Nov 04, 2019 7:42 pm

Pretty sure it is only 1 shipping option.

uljersey
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by uljersey » Tue Nov 05, 2019 6:00 am

My one rod purchasing experience through them was very positive - viewtopic.php?f=46&t=79755

Unfortunately the tip broke (my fault), I just ordered another one. We'll see how this one comes packed, I'll update upon receipt.

hoohoorjoo
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by hoohoorjoo » Tue Nov 05, 2019 7:50 am

If you have a damaged item, they will just send another one at no charge. They have done this 2 times in a row for me. If the seller sends the rod in pvc, they will usually list it, as it seems to be a bragging right for the ones who do. It's usually very prominent in the listing if they do.
Try not to let your mind wander. It is much too small to be outside unsupervised.

prybis
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by prybis » Tue Nov 05, 2019 8:45 am

The rod was in a PVC tube. It looked like the tube was ran over or smashed on the one end then taped back up. They sending another with epacket.
Mike P.

hoohoorjoo
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by hoohoorjoo » Tue Nov 05, 2019 4:06 pm

prybis wrote:
Tue Nov 05, 2019 8:45 am
The rod was in a PVC tube. It looked like the tube was ran over or smashed on the one end then taped back up. They sending another with epacket.
If it was smashed, then taped back up, you can bet our own US post office did the damage.
Try not to let your mind wander. It is much too small to be outside unsupervised.

jvelth74
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by jvelth74 » Wed Nov 06, 2019 4:23 am

Aliexpress deliveries from Kyuing shop to Finland (I know 4 deliveries) have been flawless and packages have been decent.

uljersey
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by uljersey » Thu Nov 14, 2019 3:29 pm

uljersey wrote:
Tue Nov 05, 2019 6:00 am
My one rod purchasing experience through them was very positive - viewtopic.php?f=46&t=79755

Unfortunately the tip broke (my fault), I just ordered another one. We'll see how this one comes packed, I'll update upon receipt.
Order for Kuying rod from the Kuying store via AliExpress placed 0n 11/2. Recieved yesterday (11/13). Rod was in it's padded factory rod sock, which was wrapped the entire length with bubble wrap and taped securely on the ends and middle. That was inserted into a heavy cardboard tube, plus they threw in a Fuji type EZ keeper as a gift. No complaints here.

Knotty
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Knotty » Sat Nov 16, 2019 7:10 pm

Rods I've received from Kuying have always been shipped well packed and arrived w/o any damage. Tsurinoya has not been as diligent in their packing and I received a damaged rod from them. Fortunately, they did make good with a replacement. I've probably purchased around 10 rods from Aliexpress and have no regrets.

uljersey
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by uljersey » Sun Nov 17, 2019 5:24 am

Knotty wrote:
Sat Nov 16, 2019 7:10 pm
Rods I've received from Kuying have always been shipped well packed and arrived w/o any damage. Tsurinoya has not been as diligent in their packing and I received a damaged rod from them. Fortunately, they did make good with a replacement. I've probably purchased around 10 rods from Aliexpress and have no regrets.
Just out of curiosity ... did you have to send the damaged rod back first before they shipped a replacement or did they more or less take your word for it ? Just wondering how an overseas order gone bad would be rectified.

hoohoorjoo
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by hoohoorjoo » Sun Nov 17, 2019 4:08 pm

uljersey wrote:
Sun Nov 17, 2019 5:24 am
Knotty wrote:
Just out of curiosity ... did you have to send the damaged rod back first before they shipped a replacement or did they more or less take your word for it ? Just wondering how an overseas order gone bad would be rectified.
On my damaged order, a rod was sent immediately and I kept the damaged rod. I paid a flat $20 after discussing with the seller and sending pics. I figured it was worth that just for the actual shipping cost to me. The rod butt was damaged. I cut it off with a high-speed arrow saw, epoxied in a weight for counterbalance and then re-glued the old butt cap back on. It lost about 2 inches, but it was hard to see after the repair. Fortunately, it was a full grip rod.

Knotty
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Knotty » Sun Nov 17, 2019 9:03 pm

uljersey wrote:
Sun Nov 17, 2019 5:24 am
Knotty wrote:
In my case I opened a dispute in the Ali system and sent pics of the damage to the seller, who ultimately let me keep the damaged rod. Biggest problem was they kept asking me to work through my local post office so they could get some sort of insurance claim filed but there was no way to do that. A lot depends on the seller but at least the system has pretty good processes built in.

prybis
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by prybis » Mon Nov 18, 2019 2:49 am

With mine, the package was damaged and I refused to sign for it. I contacted the seller. They said as soon as the tracking showed it being returned they would send another. After a week and not hearing anything I contacted the seller again and asked what to do. They ask me if it was okay to resend with epacket. I said okay. Next day it was on the way and I got a new tracking number. Still waiting for my r9d to get here. Was sent out to JFK on the 8th of November according to the tracking.
Mike P.