Smith Multiyouse TRMK-423UL

How small is your rod and how light is your line? It's not about the size of your tackle, but how you work it. Come share your Ultralight and Bait Finesse System (BFS) fishing success here!
Craigthor
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Smith Multiyouse TRMK-423UL

Post by Craigthor » Tue Dec 31, 2019 4:17 pm

Ran across this just released rod and figured I would give it a test run. I really liked having a short BFS rod and Smith didn’t disappoint with this release.

http://www.smith.jp/product/trout/multi ... youse.html

I picked up the TRMK-423UL which is a 4’2” 3pc rod that is “full glass” according to the description. Upon receipt and inspection the tip section is full glass, the middle section feels like a blend that is heavy in glass and the butt section has a bit of carbon or is a tighter glass blend. Though looks more like the blended carbon/ glass in the butt section that is in the Varivas Native Trout. Initial wiggle test is this thing has some wiggle and is much softer than the Native Trout I have, will I like this I guess I will find out the Native Trout feels awesome so only some casting on the stream will let me know. It comes with a semi hard case that zips from 2 sides and Velcro’s the sections into place. This allows the reel to be left on, probably wise to put a neoprene reel cover on if I wanted to carry this way. A few pictures below and a couple of videos uploaded to IMGUR as well if you click through.

Knotty
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Smith Multiyouse TRMK-423UL

Post by Knotty » Fri Jan 10, 2020 9:36 am

I’m sure you’ll have fun with that one.

Now if someone could just come up with a way to easily break down and reassemble a fully rigged rod.

Craigthor
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Craigthor » Fri Jan 10, 2020 3:24 pm

Knotty wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 9:36 am
I’m sure you’ll have fun with that one.

Now if someone could just come up with a way to easily break down and reassemble a fully rigged rod.
Great rod but it wasn’t for me, it got a little test and has landed in the hands of someone who loves it. I did order another rod from Smith that I hope to get to test this weekend and get some thoughts on.

CheezusCrust
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by CheezusCrust » Thu Feb 13, 2020 7:36 am

How much?

Craigthor
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Craigthor » Thu Feb 13, 2020 8:02 am

CheezusCrust wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 7:36 am
How much?
Already sold, great rod though

rickman1
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by rickman1 » Tue Jul 14, 2020 9:22 am

I have a Smith Multiyouse TRMK-483UL spinnng rod on the way. Should be here by tomorrow. I’m going to pair it up with the JDM Daiwa Ballistic FW LT 1000S-P reel. I plan to use it on some small mountain streams so ordered a short rod. I don’t own a full glass rod so thought I would add one to my stable. What didn’t you like about your rod?