Broken Tict Ice Cube 69f rockin finesse

How small is your rod and how light is your line? It's not about the size of your tackle, but how you work it. Come share your Ultralight and Bait Finesse System (BFS) fishing success here!
P413
Angler
Angler

Broken Tict Ice Cube 69f rockin finesse

Post by P413 » Sat Feb 29, 2020 9:03 pm

I accidentally high-sticked my Tict Ice Cube rod while trying to net a slab crappie and snapped off the solid carbon tip section of my rod. This is the top 5-6 inches of solid carbon tip. This rod is a 2 piece rod and I was wondering is it possible to just buy the top piece of the rod and salvage the bottom piece to reuse? I'm thinking this could save a lot of money over buying a completely new rod. Any ideas? The rod was only 3 seasons old and my favorite crappie rod. Thanks.

Alphahawk
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Broken Tict Ice Cube 69f rockin finesse

Post by Alphahawk » Sun Mar 01, 2020 5:03 am

P413 wrote:
Sat Feb 29, 2020 9:03 pm
I accidentally high-sticked my Tict Ice Cube rod while trying to net a slab crappie and snapped off the solid carbon tip section of my rod. This is the top 5-6 inches of solid carbon tip. This rod is a 2 piece rod and I was wondering is it possible to just buy the top piece of the rod and salvage the bottom piece to reuse? I'm thinking this could save a lot of money over buying a completely new rod. Any ideas? The rod was only 3 seasons old and my favorite crappie rod. Thanks.
Yes...I have replaced 2 upper sections on rods. Not cheap but better than buying a complete new rod. I would contact Digitaka and tell them what you need.

Regards

ultralight
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: Broken Tict Ice Cube 69f rockin finesse

Post by ultralight » Mon Mar 23, 2020 2:57 pm

Sometimes, I've just cut off the broken part right up to the next guide. And once, it actually became a better rod...and I use it still. You may want to test that first before ordering a new top.

I am surprised that the solid carbon part broke - normally solid tips can be bent pretty severely.