Advice on 6'6"-7'6" JDM rod

How small is your rod and how light is your line? It's not about the size of your tackle, but how you work it. Come share your Ultralight and Bait Finesse System (BFS) fishing success here!
Pickwick
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Advice on 6'6"-7'6" JDM rod

Post by Pickwick » Sun Mar 22, 2020 8:21 am

I am looking for a top end, tubular tip, lightweight JDM rod rated for 2-6 lb test line, and about 2-10 g lures for casting from a boat to spotted bass and crappie with mono/nylon line. It will probably be an Aji/Mebaru/Light Game type rod, or possibly a light weight, two piece JDM Light power bass rod. Budget-under $700. Already have top end Daiwa/Shimano bass ML power rods, which are too stiff for fighting smaller fish for my preference.

Thanks to AlphaHawk's and others posts here and elsewhere, I have bought two rods for most of my ultralight panfishing needs in the 2-4 lb range. I love my new YAMAGA Blanks BlueCurrent III 6'9" light game model for 1-4 lb, up to 7g. An Olympic Super Bellezza 6'4" UL trout model for smaller lures has been ordered.

Just read Allsorts excellent commentary on 8-9' rods and wanted to ask everybody for your input. I plan to throw lures mostly in the 4-9g range with this rod, with 4-6 lb test line. Plan to use my Shimano Stella 2500S reel with nylon/copoly on it, which would mean the bottom guide could not be small.

Thanks for your help.