Major craft JDM warranty / tip replacement

How small is your rod and how light is your line? It's not about the size of your tackle, but how you work it. Come share your Ultralight and Bait Finesse System (BFS) fishing success here!
Dannyrossjr
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Major craft JDM warranty / tip replacement

Post by Dannyrossjr » Tue Jun 16, 2020 6:24 pm

Hello all, I have a crostage mebaru that I broke the tip —- does anyone have any experience with getting a replacement tip top section? Thanks.

hoohoorjoo
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Re: Major craft JDM warranty / tip replacement

Post by hoohoorjoo » Tue Jun 16, 2020 7:42 pm

You wont get it under warranty, unless you purchased thru Majorcraft America. You could contact them directly to ask the question about how much a replacement would cost.
Try not to let your mind wander. It is much too small to be outside unsupervised.

ftl1951
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by ftl1951 » Tue Jun 16, 2020 9:17 pm

You might try Digitaka to see if they can hook you up with the top section. I just ordered the top end of an Abu Garcia Eradicator rod. They sent the link in an email for my replacement.

Dannyrossjr
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Post by Dannyrossjr » Fri Jun 19, 2020 10:32 pm

Thanks, was able to order through Digitaka. Would have been nice if MC USA at least responded to my email. Guessing they are help up due to COVID 19.

Alphahawk
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Alphahawk » Sat Jun 20, 2020 3:34 pm

Dannyrossjr wrote:
Fri Jun 19, 2020 10:32 pm
Thanks, was able to order through Digitaka. Would have been nice if MC USA at least responded to my email. Guessing they are help up due to COVID 19.
Two different animals....plus Major Craft America does not sell the Crostage Mebaru. I have broken 2 high end Major Craft rods and just had to eat it and order the replacement tops. It sure is a bad feeling when that happens but this is just part of it.

Regards

Dannyrossjr
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Post by Dannyrossjr » Sat Jun 20, 2020 8:09 pm

Alphahawk wrote:
Sat Jun 20, 2020 3:34 pm
Dannyrossjr wrote:
Two different animals....plus Major Craft America does not sell the Crostage Mebaru. I have broken 2 high end Major Craft rods and just had to eat it and order the replacement tops. It sure is a bad feeling when that happens but this is just part of it.

Regards

Understood. It was my fault it broke. Glad Digitaka got it sorted.

BTW, your videos are great and a wealth of knowledge. Thx

Alphahawk
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Alphahawk » Mon Jun 22, 2020 4:26 am

Dannyrossjr wrote:
Sat Jun 20, 2020 8:09 pm
Alphahawk wrote:
Dannyrossjr wrote:

Regards

Thanks for the kind words. With EMS mail service out of Japan curtailed I have not been able to get any new gear in the past 3 months. I need to get some new rods to review.

Regards

Dannyrossjr
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Post by Dannyrossjr » Mon Jun 22, 2020 7:39 pm

Seems that folks are using DHL right now. I had my Banshee fax In 8 days a couple weeks back.

ss30378
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by ss30378 » Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:42 am

Alphahawk wrote:
Mon Jun 22, 2020 4:26 am
Dannyrossjr wrote:
Sat Jun 20, 2020 8:09 pm
Alphahawk wrote:
Dannyrossjr wrote:

Regards

Thanks for the kind words. With EMS mail service out of Japan curtailed I have not been able to get any new gear in the past 3 months. I need to get some new rods to review.

Regards
I've ordered 4 MC rods from Digitaka in the past couple months, all shipped via DHL and all were shipped within a few days and arrived 2-3 days after shipping.

Alphahawk
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Alphahawk » Wed Jun 24, 2020 10:00 am

Yeah I know Plat and Digitaka went the DHL-FedEx route. Unfortunately they did not have the rod I wanted. I found a Daiwa Presso Limited AGS for $285. It was shipped but it was recently returned to sender. That was a great bargain. I contacted the seller but they would not send it DHL-FedEx. But it may have been a good thing as Daiwa is coming out with a new Presso AGS Limited in September. My search continues....LOL.

Regards