BFS Bobber Help Needed

How small is your rod and how light is your line? It's not about the size of your tackle, but how you work it. Come share your Ultralight and Bait Finesse System (BFS) fishing success here!
slipperybob
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: BFS Bobber Help Needed

Post by slipperybob » Fri Mar 05, 2021 6:09 pm

Knotty wrote:
Fri Mar 05, 2021 5:47 pm
slipperybob wrote:
Sat Jan 09, 2021 12:33 am
Buy yourself the cheapest topwater lure like anything like a Spook puppy or Torpedo and remove all hardware and/or props. They make for the best casting bobbers and you can even play walk the dog, although it really wouldn't do much for that lure.

yes if you really wanted to just use a spook and slide the line through...get some O-rings that will go over the Spook. Now you got yourself a sliding adjustable bobber that casts great and fishes awesome to hoot too. And what if fish are just now biting your Spook. Well of course switch to a hooked spook, duh! Or just now tie a treble hook to end of line and slide that close to the bobber, I mean lure.

I love it when I see my Spook goes for a dive as a fish takes the fly or micro jig.
slipperybob, sounds good. I've tried something similar for casting flies but got fouled a lot, despite knowing to brake the line before it hits the water. Maybe with the slightly heavier micro jig it it will go better for me.
If casting for distance, then I typically use heavier lines like 12-14# mono's for the connection. They're less likely to wrap upon each other in the air currents. I've done it with like a 4-5' attached line to the Spook lure and then a wet fly (sometimes a dry fly). My mainline is usually 4# mono for bobber set up. Occassionally I will be using Fireline 4# but now there's lots of other options in braids. Sometimes I will topshot on my spinning gear with about 10-20' of line for a slip bobber presentation. Of which I haven't done so for such a long time for a float and fly deep water presentation.
slip bobbing is the laziest way to fish