Major Craft Jigpara Spin Micro

How small is your rod and how light is your line? It's not about the size of your tackle, but how you work it. Come share your Ultralight and Bait Finesse System (BFS) fishing success here!
slipperybob
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Major Craft Jigpara Spin Micro

Post by slipperybob » Sat Jan 09, 2021 12:18 am

Major Craft Jigpara Spin Micro has the name but it's not micro in any sense with a weight of 1/4 oz. It's size is 1" so it fits the profile, and it's quite really the first converted to ice fishing jig that's hot hot hot hot. Well from my first field day test and on the first drop of the lure, it called the fish in with such an urgency that I could only remember on such a rare situation with such a few lures that have done so like Salmo Chubby Darter and Lindy's Rattl'n Flyer Spoon. It wasn't just a fluke because I switched lures to others and watch the fish reaction on my sonar and how the fish behave as well. I switched back to the Jigpara Spin Micro and boom! The fish behavior changed and the reaction was very noticeable.

The fish were curious and honed in onto the lure. They chased the lure aggressively and most definitely bit it. I fished the lure OEM as it is and found that even with it's small treble hook, it stayed pinned onto fish. As the fish got more wary of it, I had to do the typical bait the lure for ice fishing to seal the deal.

I admit that I was ready to only fish the lure briefly and switch if the fish weren't interested, but it sure changed my mind from the get go on that first drop. For ice fishing purpose I think that I could do better if the lure had less weight. Like if it was encased in ABS plastic and had a lighter weight of maybe 1/8 oz. would do. This lure is definitely on my recommend list to own.

Now it just needs some tail fins or airplane wings to even make this an alternative variation.
slip bobbing is the laziest way to fish