Daysprout DSLT-2000SS

How small is your rod and how light is your line? It's not about the size of your tackle, but how you work it. Come share your Ultralight and Bait Finesse System (BFS) fishing success here!
Senkobass1
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Daysprout DSLT-2000SS

Post by Senkobass1 » Sat Jan 29, 2022 4:24 pm

Does anybody know any info or have this reel? I see it was supposed to be released in late January but I haven’t seen any pre order links anywhere. According to Lurenews, it’s 2 steps above the previous Daysprout reel and is more for “experienced anglers”. Anybody know what reel it’s based on? I just want to know if it’s worth getting over a new presso.

Firstoutfisher
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Daysprout DSLT-2000SS

Post by Firstoutfisher » Sat Jan 29, 2022 8:08 pm

Senkobass1 wrote:
Sat Jan 29, 2022 4:24 pm
Does anybody know any info or have this reel? I see it was supposed to be released in late January but I haven’t seen any pre order links anywhere. According to Lurenews, it’s 2 steps above the previous Daysprout reel and is more for “experienced anglers”. Anybody know what reel it’s based on? I just want to know if it’s worth getting over a new presso.
Don't know anything about the new daysprout but I am also interested in more information about it. Currently looking for a new ultralight spinning reel, since it seems like the vanquish are all dried up. I already have a luvias airity for my bass reel and want to mix it up on my trout setup. I will say I would personally advise against the new presso, it is just a recolored luvias( the old model not the airity) and IMO is quite hideous, but to each their own I guess.

Senkobass1
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Senkobass1 » Sat Jan 29, 2022 8:37 pm

Yeah I heard the same thing about the presso. I’m intrigued that it doesn’t have magseal and has oil bearings. I’m looking for a daiwa alternative to the vanquish. I have 2 vanquishes and 2 18 exists LTs. I’m looking into other trout reels and this one is area trout specific.

Finesse Angler
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Finesse Angler » Sat Jan 29, 2022 10:34 pm

I mean based on the video and pictures the new daysprout is also built on the Luvias platform. Wish it was built on the Luvias airity/exist platform instead, especially for the 50,000yen msrp.

Senkobass1
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Senkobass1 » Sat Jan 29, 2022 10:45 pm

I had hoped that it would be based on the older exist and Airity platform. Now looking at it, it does look like the Luvias. Even so, if it is basically a limited presso, I may pull the trigger. I think the price will be less than the 50,000 yen advertised. Ives seen a retailer online list it for 39000

Finesse Angler
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Finesse Angler » Sun Jan 30, 2022 1:37 pm

That’s still a a lot for a made in china reel that probably is just a Luvias repaint or TD Black from Daiwa Australia, especially since the TD black retails for $300 AUD so it will be cheaper in USD. Then you have the black Tatula MQ. It has different gears, listed as 5.1:1 vs 4.9:1 of the regular Daiwa Japan low gears. I’m assuming it wont have mag seal, but that would make me feel it should be cheaper. Either way it just seems like a reel already covered in Daiwa’s lineup at a mark up due to being a third party. If it comes out that it is a made in Japan black Luvias I’d get one though.

StymoDe
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by StymoDe » Mon Jan 31, 2022 7:19 pm

don't know about this new Daysptout but if I remember correctly the previous one was a tuned up ballistic FW with more bearings and black color

Alphahawk
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Alphahawk » Wed Feb 02, 2022 3:11 pm

Firstoutfisher wrote:
Sat Jan 29, 2022 8:08 pm
Senkobass1 wrote:
Don't know anything about the new daysprout but I am also interested in more information about it. Currently looking for a new ultralight spinning reel, since it seems like the vanquish are all dried up. I already have a luvias airity for my bass reel and want to mix it up on my trout setup. I will say I would personally advise against the new presso, it is just a recolored luvias( the old model not the airity) and IMO is quite hideous, but to each their own I guess.
Not much in common with the 2020 Luvias that I can see....I own both. No Mag Seal on the new Presso....the Presso has 6 oil filled bearings. The new Presso is a low inertia reel.....nothing about the 20 Luvias that is low inertia. You may not like the color but the 2 reels are not similar at all.

Regards

Finesse Angler
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Finesse Angler » Wed Feb 02, 2022 6:48 pm

Alphahawk wrote:
Wed Feb 02, 2022 3:11 pm
Firstoutfisher wrote:
Sat Jan 29, 2022 8:08 pm
Senkobass1 wrote:
Not much in common with the 2020 Luvias that I can see....I own both. No Mag Seal on the new Presso....the Presso has 6 oil filled bearings. The new Presso is a low inertia reel.....nothing about the 20 Luvias that is low inertia. You may not like the color but the 2 reels are not similar at all.

Regards
I would have to respectfully disagree on them not being the same reel. I don’t own either but they clearly share the same body, both made of Zaion. I presume they share the same gear material. So a lighter grease and a mag seal delete hardly make for a different reel in my opinion.

I will agree that those tuning options do allow for a different experience in feel, however if you gave the Luvias the same treatment I would bet it would feel the same. I_fish on YouTube even changed the grease out and was able to get a lower inertia reel out of it.

I wish Daiwa would have released the Presso with a made in Japan variant first like they did with the Luvias LT.

Senkobass1
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Senkobass1 » Mon Feb 07, 2022 3:47 pm

The body looks very similar which makes me think it’s just a low inertia Luvias LT. For the money I think that the Airity is a better bet. Not low inertia but basically an exist with one less bearing. Anybody ever try the steez type 1? It’s supposedly a light bass reel with no magseal and light inertia. Like a higher end presso for bass. Probably would be a decent big trout reel

StymoDe
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by StymoDe » Thu Feb 17, 2022 6:54 pm

Senkobass1 wrote:
Mon Feb 07, 2022 3:47 pm
Anybody ever try the steez type 1?
I have a Steez Type 2 I haven't used much. Steez type 2 is a low inertia reel compared with my Certate LTs, but my Vanquish 2500S has lower inertia.

all great reels

NorCoMike
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by NorCoMike » Wed Feb 23, 2022 8:12 am

Anyone know where you could order one of these reels?

StymoDe
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by StymoDe » Thu Feb 24, 2022 8:01 pm

NorCoMike wrote:
Wed Feb 23, 2022 8:12 am
Anyone know where you could order one of these reels?
try Japanlureshop

Canga-
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Canga- » Fri Feb 25, 2022 6:30 pm

Senkobass1 wrote:
Mon Feb 07, 2022 3:47 pm
The body looks very similar which makes me think it’s just a low inertia Luvias LT. For the money I think that the Airity is a better bet. Not low inertia but basically an exist with one less bearing. Anybody ever try the steez type 1? It’s supposedly a light bass reel with no magseal and light inertia. Like a higher end presso for bass. Probably would be a decent big trout reel
i have a steez type 2 (the low speed model) and i absolutely love it, its essentially a lighter weight of the old zaion exist, owning both a steez type 2 and an exist 2505, i like the steez better, and would love to get another if i could find one. i also have a luvias airity and its exactly the same concept, based on the outgoing exist to reduce cost on the platform development that daiwa put into the exist (my opinion anyways!). both the luvias airity and the steez type 2 are amazing reels, hope to get another luvias at some point!