NFC blank help needed

When production rods are not enough, it's time to go custom. Come share your experiences building and/or ordering a custom rod and tell us if you'll ever go back to off the shelf.
RGMatt
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: NFC blank help needed

Post by RGMatt » Thu Jul 21, 2016 11:33 am

Hey hogsticker
Sounds like youve been thoroughly researching these IM nfc blanks. How much faster is the sj705 over the mb705
From your above post it looks like the SJ is a full power heavier than the MB

TIA
Matt

Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hogsticker2 » Thu Jul 21, 2016 4:49 pm

RGMatt wrote:Hey hogsticker
Sounds like youve been thoroughly researching these IM nfc blanks. How much faster is the sj705 over the mb705
From your above post it looks like the SJ is a full power heavier than the MB

TIA
Matt
SJ705 has an ern of 24.05
Mb705 has an ern of 19.68
So I guess that's roughly 476 grams of power to 389 grams of power. Close to a full power. AA is nearly identical.

RGMatt
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by RGMatt » Fri Jul 22, 2016 4:56 am

Thx hog
After I posted I did look over the link you provided. Gave me an idea but you having converted over to RDA makes more sense to me. Never used the CCS before

I may pick up the NB 705 over the SJ now. Then again the mb 663 is mighty tempting for another pixy rod lol

Thx Matt

Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hogsticker2 » Wed Aug 03, 2016 11:36 am

So did anyone else order any blanks? What did you get and what are you planning on using them for?

timsford
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by timsford » Wed Aug 17, 2016 3:37 pm

I really wish I had. I've been wanting to try a mb705 or similar for bottom contact and as an all around "search for the one" type rod for baits from 1/4-3/4. I still plan on doing that after I get a few other rods I really "need" done or bought first. That was a great price for that im blanks. I've fished nfc blanks on Kistler klx and helium 3, but I don't know if they are sm or im or a blend as they are built for Kistler and it doesn't specify anywhere on Kistler site that I can find and I would assume those two use the lower modulus blanks since the z bone is the high mod blank. Hogsticker I'm curious as far as sensitivity, power, and action of the im mod blanks vs the k2 you had built or against other premium blanks

Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hogsticker2 » Wed Aug 17, 2016 3:45 pm

timsford wrote:I really wish I had. I've been wanting to try a mb705 or similar for bottom contact and as an all around "search for the one" type rod for baits from 1/4-3/4. I still plan on doing that after I get a few other rods I really "need" done or bought first. That was a great price for that im blanks. I've fished nfc blanks on Kistler klx and helium 3, but I don't know if they are sm or im or a blend as they are built for Kistler and it doesn't specify anywhere on Kistler site that I can find and I would assume those two use the lower modulus blanks since the z bone is the high mod blank. Hogsticker I'm curious as far as sensitivity, power, and action of the im mod blanks vs the k2 you had built or against other premium blanks
Me too! I'm getting antsy. You will want to step up to the MB708 or maybe even the 709 for 3/4 Oz jigs. Nfc Kistler produced blanks are proprietary on the Helium and Klx. I want the real deal :evil22: :evil22: