revisit - lamiglass MB90-1F-H

When production rods are not enough, it's time to go custom. Come share your experiences building and/or ordering a custom rod and tell us if you'll ever go back to off the shelf.
thedude
Angler
Angler

revisit - lamiglass MB90-1F-H

Post by thedude » Sat Apr 16, 2011 3:50 pm

There was a thread before the great crash of 2011 about the lami SR glass blanks. Just moved 6 of them out, both the mb90 and mb84s. They should be on the water soon, however - it is snowing here today. First time with the 7'6" and i can't wait to try the one out i made for myself. Thought I would share a couple pics - i was able to make 18mm split reel seats for these (mb90s) out of fuji TCSMs. It was a challenge, but i couldn't be happier with the results. The guy that got both of them loved it too. I helped him at a show today and dropped of his rods, think i made more potential sales than he did selling jigs after everyone got done looking at them.

7'6"

hard to read but it says "double-d". (For deep divers!) and the chick is holding a barret 50cal sniper rifle. I have no idea what i was thinking, but whatever - its my style and my buddy loved it. I brought them up from the shop and proudly proclaimed to my wife this morning "I've got a pair of double ds". She was mildly amused.

7'0" - i made these for another friend who owns RAM custom crankbaits. They make some sweet baits - injected foam. They are amazing. I was flattered when he had me make a few rods just for his shallow/mid range baits.
http://www.ramcustombaits.com