White MHX blanks

When production rods are not enough, it's time to go custom. Come share your experiences building and/or ordering a custom rod and tell us if you'll ever go back to off the shelf.
silverD
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

White MHX blanks

Post by silverD » Wed Aug 31, 2011 4:13 am

I'll be interested in hearing more about these new white MHX blanks.
link

Snyder Rods
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: White MHX blanks

Post by Snyder Rods » Wed Aug 31, 2011 8:04 pm

They are pretty nice blanks... I believe they are mid-modulus, like IM7. Nice retail price. Some of the actions resemble Lamiglass, but others have suggested they could be made by American Tackle.

The white color is unique and sure to be popular. You could use some unique light color wrapping thread like whites and yellows that you normally can't get good results with on dark blanks.

I think Swampland also has some white blanks. And Batson has titanium colored blanks in their high modulus lineup.

Tokugawa
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by Tokugawa » Thu Sep 01, 2011 2:39 pm

Snyder Rods wrote:And Batson has titanium colored blanks in their high modulus lineup.
Yeah - the TiCH is a very nice finish!

Alex D
Angler
Angler

Post by Alex D » Fri Sep 02, 2011 5:47 am

Snyder Rods wrote:They are pretty nice blanks... I believe they are mid-modulus, like IM7. Nice retail price. Some of the actions resemble Lamiglass, but others have suggested they could be made by American Tackle.
They are made by AmTack (MudHole and AmTack have same owners - the buildings in FL are on the same lot). If you order an AmTack Classic.. it comes with an MHX label anymore. So then again maybe they are made for MudHole and then sold over the the AmTack side. Still the same thing.

When they first introduced the MHXs, they claimed to be IMX equivalents. i think now they have strayed from that a little.

They are most likely a mulitmodulus design - as are most blanks anymore.
Hydra Fishing, LLC ::: ALX Rods

Snyder Rods
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Snyder Rods » Thu Nov 24, 2011 1:29 pm

It appears that both American Tackle and Mudhole blanks are made by Lamiglas.

Mattman
TT Gear Crew
TT Gear Crew
Location: Fergus Falls, MN - Otterods - Hand Crafted High Performance Fishing Rods

Post by Mattman » Fri Nov 25, 2011 5:55 am

silverD wrote:I'll be interested in hearing more about these new white MHX blanks.

Well...a white paint job isn't really going to change the blank. These are already established blanks...just with a new finish.
Matt Davis
Otterods-High performance fishing rods