Experiences with Get Bit Custom Rod Tackle

When production rods are not enough, it's time to go custom. Come share your experiences building and/or ordering a custom rod and tell us if you'll ever go back to off the shelf.
Rovic
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Re: Experiences with Get Bit Custom Rod Tackle

Post by Rovic » Sat Feb 11, 2012 9:51 am

If you are going after the Batson line up why not go with http://www.utmostenterprises.com/utmost_001.htm
They are right beside batsons so there shouldn't be a back order issue and shipping is reasonable.
Rolly
Rovic Custom Rods

smalliesteve
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by smalliesteve » Sun Feb 12, 2012 8:45 am

Rovic wrote:If you are going after the Batson line up why not go with http://www.utmostenterprises.com/utmost_001.htm
They are right beside batsons so there shouldn't be a back order issue and shipping is reasonable.
not to detract from the original question, but... I've ordered from them and had a great experience. Bought one blank from them and IIRC shipping was less than $15 =D> if/when I need batsons I will be calling utmost. Again Get Bit is most likely a good store, I just like to stick with people who have been good to me in the past.

zodiak311
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by zodiak311 » Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:50 pm

Update: just put in an order for a new blank and all the components. Not only are the prices lower than competitors, but shipping was only 12 bux! Cant wait to get my shipment. Thus far i have experienced great customer service from Kevin who made sure that I had all the right sizes for my components.
Get your kids hooked on fishing, and they'll never have any money for drugs or alcohol.

5poundhooker
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by 5poundhooker » Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:18 pm

zodiak311 wrote:Update: just put in an order for a new blank and all the components. Not only are the prices lower than competitors, but shipping was only 12 bux! Cant wait to get my shipment. Thus far i have experienced great customer service from Kevin who made sure that I had all the right sizes for my components.

Wow, that is cheap shipping. Good looking out zodiak311. =D>

5poundhooker
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by 5poundhooker » Fri Mar 16, 2012 2:18 pm

Just made a purchase last night and they good prices and a great customer service base. I ordered a dryer, some metallic thread, a reamer and a few other oddball items to finish up some blanks that I have been messing with. Very positive experience so far.

zodiak311
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by zodiak311 » Fri Mar 16, 2012 2:32 pm

Good to hear 5lb.
Update, had to purchase a few more components, and got everything yesterday. Going to give my builder everything tomorrow and should be all done in a week! Cant wait! Will really try hard to post pics when everything is done. I am really impressed by this blank, not only is it a beautiful gunmetal silver, but it is very strong with just the right tip action for heavier plastics. :big grin:
Get your kids hooked on fishing, and they'll never have any money for drugs or alcohol.

BucketHunter
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by BucketHunter » Fri Mar 16, 2012 4:24 pm

what blank
Set hard and set often

zodiak311
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by zodiak311 » Sat Mar 17, 2012 12:47 am

Nest
Angler
Angler

Post by Nest » Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:34 pm

i have made 2 transaction with Kevin
so far i'm very happy with their services , item price and their actual shipping cost for overseas order

i hope they will have bigger variety product in the future