acid rod leave a bad taste in my mouth

When production rods are not enough, it's time to go custom. Come share your experiences building and/or ordering a custom rod and tell us if you'll ever go back to off the shelf.
Mattman
TT Gear Crew
TT Gear Crew
Location: Fergus Falls, MN - Otterods - Hand Crafted High Performance Fishing Rods

Re: acid rod leave a bad taste in my mouth

Post by Mattman » Wed Mar 21, 2012 4:11 am

I will still maintain that your best resource is the manufacturers web site and not the distributors. I think you're missing out.

FWIW - I work 9-5 (actually 5:30 - 4:00 M-F) and build rods from 4:00 - 8:00 and on weekends.
Matt Davis
Otterods-High performance fishing rods

mcm83
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by mcm83 » Mon Mar 26, 2012 6:49 pm

Im still waiting on some backordered thread from AcidRod - its been 3 years...
Lance out at Swampland, Bill at MidwestRodandReel, Kevin at GetBit, and the guys at Utmost are great guys to contact for components. I occasionally order from Mudhole but hate their shipping rates.

RGMatt
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by RGMatt » Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:12 pm

Utmost has been slow in getting me my invoice to pay which slowed the whole process down. The one time, it took over a week to get an invoice and a week later 1 part was missing from the order. I tried them a third time and after not getting an invoice in a week, I ordered elsewhere.

Unfortuneately, mudhole is really the only option for a one stop shop. The shipping is crazy though. I just had a 10% off from them which took care of most of the shipping but thats few and far between.

Shoff has been great to deal with. fast reasonable shipping. They have batson products. selection can be lacking in some areas though.

Real Legg Legend
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Real Legg Legend » Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:27 pm

hmmm ive never had a problem with acidrod, but at the same time i usually dont order online. i usually pick up my stuff cause its 30min away. its tough when u only have 3 workers taking orders and dealing with customers all day...sorry to hear u had a bad experience
T.W.A.T. Member

Tm Customs
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Tm Customs » Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:12 pm

I wish any rod building shop was local to me!
Please check out my YouTube Videos Tmcustoms87

Bigs|ick
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Bigs|ick » Sat Apr 28, 2012 7:22 am

Mudhole might havd shipping Nazi's working in the back, but a great staff working in the front. Yes they do rape you on shipping, but I'm in Canada and everyone rapes Canadians on shipping.

I ordered 50 dark burnt cork two orders ago meaning the dark hurt cork mix (camo looking cork). Called Gary back when I realized they sent me regular dark cork not mix. Checked my emails and it was completely my fault. I ordered the wrong part. They sent me the 50 mixed rings for free on my next order after I told them it was my bad and I'd pay for the mixed ones.

Great service has a price. I'm willing to pay for it.

Tm Customs
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Tm Customs » Sat Apr 28, 2012 2:09 pm

IME mudhole is fine if your buying alot of stuff for example I ordered 3 blanks and all the stuff I needed to build them shipping was 28.00 buy if you buy one winding check shipping is 10 bucks or something crazy.

Shipping rods is expensive thanks to ups and usps mainly thanks to high gas prices ect...

subnuke1
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Post by subnuke1 » Mon Jun 11, 2012 2:37 pm

Acid Rods is SLOW SLOW SLOW. Thats all I have to say. It takes them a full week to ship out.

dusty
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by dusty » Mon Jul 02, 2012 12:54 pm

i just ordered some cork grips from acid and they were shipped the next day and arrived within the week. all good.

Tm Customs
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Tm Customs » Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:57 pm

Figured id give a update on my order still havent recived the guides LMAO you guys SUCKKKKKK

Katron
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Katron » Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:12 pm

dusty wrote:i just ordered some cork grips from acid and they were shipped the next day and arrived within the week. all good.
Acid Rod is capricious.
Previously "theflyingplatypus".