@Batson

When production rods are not enough, it's time to go custom. Come share your experiences building and/or ordering a custom rod and tell us if you'll ever go back to off the shelf.
Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: @Batson

Post by Hogsticker2 » Fri May 06, 2016 4:32 am

Haha. I knew those RX8 + blanks were produced in Croix's factory! Count me in. I look forward to these new RX9 + blanks. No more paint, hooray! Sounds like the finish will be similar to what you find on Hydra blanks.

Batson-Brands
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Batson-Brands » Fri May 06, 2016 5:37 am

sarcazmo wrote:Thanks for the updates. The natural semi gloss gray... Does this mean they will still be painted that color? Or will there be a semi gloss clear applied to the raw blank? Any info about availability? Will there be new models?

As far as reel seat, something with a few sizes for spinning blanks, 10.5 specifically right now. http://www.mudhole.com/GBS-Blank-Expose ... Reel-Seats Is the blank I use the most for my personal rods. I enjoy the simplicity of mounting it directly to the blank and the overall blank through design. The aesthetics leave something to be desired which is why I was inquiring about yours.

I know there has been some discussion here wishing more manufacturers would produce spinning seats in multiple sizes...
Won't be painted, it's natural and swirl sanded that will end up giving it a semi-gloss look. Same models/lengths, nothing new on that front. We're expecting the new Eternity's to be out in mid-late summer.

Yeah we don't have a blank exposed spin seat... just the ALPS split seat, but we'll have a new ForeCast split seat that looks great to go along with it.

Otherwise it's the ALPS RAPID from us but has a woven graphite or Texallium insert rather than blank exposed. You can knock out the insert but the odds of it fitting tight in the spot you want is slim.

Lot of new grips and other pieces coming out from us this year as well, but you'll have to be on the lookout for that and more in mid-July. Plus a couple other USA Made blank lines

Batson-Brands
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Batson-Brands » Fri May 06, 2016 5:41 am

Hogsticker2 wrote:Haha. I knew those RX8 + blanks were produced in Croix's factory! Count me in. I look forward to these new RX9 + blanks. No more paint, hooray! Sounds like the finish will be similar to what you find on Hydra blanks.
Nope not St. Croix (But we wouldn't say anyway), though our head designer Mike Thorson was the head designer there for many years before coming over to Batson some years ago.
Though I wasn't here during the RX8+ era, so I personally don't know if those were.

sarcazmo
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by sarcazmo » Fri May 06, 2016 9:10 am

Won't be painted, it's natural and swirl sanded that will end up giving it a semi-gloss look. Same models/lengths, nothing new on that front. We're expecting the new Eternity's to be out in mid-late summer.

Yeah we don't have a blank exposed spin seat... just the ALPS split seat, but we'll have a new ForeCast split seat that looks great to go along with it.

Otherwise it's the ALPS RAPID from us but has a woven graphite or Texallium insert rather than blank exposed. You can knock out the insert but the odds of it fitting tight in the spot you want is slim.

Lot of new grips and other pieces coming out from us this year as well, but you'll have to be on the lookout for that and more in mid-July. Plus a couple other USA Made blank lines
Awesome, excited to see them! I've actually grown to like the blue, but after stripping part of one blank I'm definitely happy you chose to go that direction.

sarcazmo
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by sarcazmo » Sat May 07, 2016 5:16 am

Just thought of another question.

Any changes to the immortal line up?

Batson-Brands
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Batson-Brands » Mon May 09, 2016 2:19 am

sarcazmo wrote:Just thought of another question.

Any changes to the immortal line up?
The line of Immortal blanks will be staying the same.

Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hogsticker2 » Sun May 15, 2016 3:44 am

Batson-Brands wrote:
Hogsticker2 wrote:Haha. I knew those RX8 + blanks were produced in Croix's factory! Count me in. I look forward to these new RX9 + blanks. No more paint, hooray! Sounds like the finish will be similar to what you find on Hydra blanks.
Nope not St. Croix (But we wouldn't say anyway), though our head designer Mike Thorson was the head designer there for many years before coming over to Batson some years ago.
Though I wasn't here during the RX8+ era, so I personally don't know if those were.
Maybe North Fork Composites :-k

drift123
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by drift123 » Sun Apr 02, 2017 4:52 pm

Batson's are great people. Always on top of things for helping rod builders!