Anyone swapped out the RECoils on a NRX

When production rods are not enough, it's time to go custom. Come share your experiences building and/or ordering a custom rod and tell us if you'll ever go back to off the shelf.
Jdmbassman
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Anyone swapped out the RECoils on a NRX

Post by Jdmbassman » Wed Sep 21, 2016 5:08 am

Has anyone swapped out the RECoils on an NRX to match the stripper Fuji Titanium SIC's ?

If so, is there a performance advantage to doing so ?

Mattman
TT Gear Crew
TT Gear Crew
Location: Fergus Falls, MN - Otterods - Hand Crafted High Performance Fishing Rods

Re: Anyone swapped out the RECoils on a NRX

Post by Mattman » Wed Sep 21, 2016 7:57 am

I've done a few and the customers have always said that it was worth it.

Jeffbro999
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Jeffbro999 » Wed Sep 21, 2016 11:54 am

I swapped out the guides on my inshore rod, an NRX 842. Had 4 Recoil guide feet break so I figured it was a good time to make a change. Went with Fuji K-series Titanium/SIC 4.5s with a 5.5 transition if I remember correctly. Gets rid of 2 double foot guides and the extra weight that goes with them. Rod doesn't feel much different than before, a little more quiet/smooth without the Recoils and a little lighter. I have caught many 20lb+ redfish on it and the small guides seem very strong. Rod has performed great and haven't had any issues with it. I fish on the coast a lot, with some pretty high winds, and tip wrap was always a problem with the Recoils. Those K guides definitely shed line, and were worth the change IMO. Have 2 sets of Titanium/Torzites about to go on a pair of 843's, just need to find some time.

drift123
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by drift123 » Sun Apr 02, 2017 4:46 pm

I second the tip wrap issue. Otherwise they are a nice guide to fish in my opinion.