?? NEW BLANK ???

When production rods are not enough, it's time to go custom. Come share your experiences building and/or ordering a custom rod and tell us if you'll ever go back to off the shelf.
RIng
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

?? NEW BLANK ???

Post by RIng » Sat Apr 15, 2017 9:39 am

Hi all. I am looking for a 7' fast jigging blank . 4-10 lb. or 6-12 lb . 1/16 - 3/8 oz jig . all +/- I would like x- weave on the but and 2 pce. and fast and USA made . is there such a thing ?? thank you all good fishing hay that is spinning rod blank

Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: ?? NEW BLANK ???

Post by Hogsticker2 » Sat Apr 15, 2017 9:50 am

Are you looking for a blank to build on (rodbuilding section), or a production rod? As for a high end 2 piece blank, I've searched high and low to no avail. The Major Craft ms-x is a ready to go rod that checks all your boxes except being manufactured in the US. The Jackall Poison Adrena may be another option. I just purchased a 2 piece for my travels as I couldn't find a blank. St Croix makes some 2 piece blanks in the SC5 graphite. About as nice as you will find for a 2 piece blank.

Tim Kelly
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Tim Kelly » Sat Apr 15, 2017 4:16 pm

The x weave is purely cosmetic. I expect you can buy a trim piece to make it look like X weave if you want. St Croix SCV have a good range of quality blanks in two piece.

ogrich31
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by ogrich31 » Sat Apr 15, 2017 11:55 pm

Phenix K2's come in 2-piece and have an x-weave look to it, but it's not made in USA. I don't believe there is one made in the US.

Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hogsticker2 » Sun Apr 16, 2017 4:33 am

ogrich31 wrote:Phenix K2's come in 2-piece and have an x-weave look to it, but it's not made in USA. I don't believe there is one made in the US.
Wow. I didn't know this. Are the 2 piece only available in the production models, or are the blanks only available for purchase? Thx

ogrich31
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by ogrich31 » Sun Apr 16, 2017 5:10 am

Hogsticker2 wrote:
ogrich31 wrote:Phenix K2's come in 2-piece and have an x-weave look to it, but it's not made in USA. I don't believe there is one made in the US.
Wow. I didn't know this. Are the 2 piece only available in the production models, or are the blanks only available for purchase? Thx
My mistake. After checking their site, I guess the 2-piece are only available in production rods.. I thought all their stuff were available as blanks or rods, but I guess I was wrong.