North Fork Composites

When production rods are not enough, it's time to go custom. Come share your experiences building and/or ordering a custom rod and tell us if you'll ever go back to off the shelf.
timinmo
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

North Fork Composites

Post by timinmo » Sat Jun 29, 2019 6:30 am

In the past I, as well as numerous others, have criticized NFC for their delivery times, which could reach months. I had continued to order blanks from them whenever they had a sale knowing that it would take forever to receive the product. I continued ordering because I felt the blanks were good value at the sale prices. Well in the past month or so they had another sale and I ordered two blanks not expecting them until the end of the summer. To my surprise I received an email a couple days ago stating my order had been fulfilled and my blanks were shipped. To be clear I have not received them yet but between my order and the shipping email was less than 10 days. I can live with time frames like that and maybe they have gotten things working better. Anyone else order in the last month or so?

Mattman
TT Gear Crew
TT Gear Crew
Location: Fergus Falls, MN - Otterods - Hand Crafted High Performance Fishing Rods

Re: North Fork Composites

Post by Mattman » Sun Jun 30, 2019 4:20 pm

I am on week 7 of a wait on a customer build.
Matt Davis
Otterods-High performance fishing rods

RGMatt
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by RGMatt » Sun Jun 30, 2019 5:49 pm

been off the boards for awhile and just started checking back in different rod building forums. to my surprise every thread I see NFC mentioned is complaining about horrible CS and extremely long lead times

ogrich31
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by ogrich31 » Sun Jun 30, 2019 10:17 pm

My last order took about 2.5 months. I was fully expecting it to take three months. In a way, it came earlier than expected..

I haven't ordered in a past month.

bbates3
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by bbates3 » Mon Jul 01, 2019 7:11 am

I ordered an X-ray about 2 months ago, i don't remember the timeline but it was fast like less than 2 weeks total.

they have also changed how they package blanks and are doing a better job with the shipping packaging and materials

i have definatley waited a few months on certain blanks seems like the sj804 has taken me the longest to get, but lately i was kinda shocked bc I got the blank so fast.

mobass11652
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by mobass11652 » Mon Jul 01, 2019 5:29 pm

I have been in the waiting months crowd numerous times. My last order has been over two months. I requested a refund and today received an email asking if they could replace my Delta’s with IM’s.

Apparently there has been some personnel changes ( Scarlett doesn’t work there any longer as she was supposed to be handling cs) I have also seen they have a new location and factory on the way.

Hope they get it together as I really do like their stuff, it’s a step in the right direction anyway

Black Haze
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Black Haze » Tue Jul 02, 2019 1:39 pm

I went to the website to pick up a couple xray blanks and there price doesnt reflect a discount anymore....for $250 a blank plus shipping and bad customer service, i will pass

Renard
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Post by Renard » Tue Jul 02, 2019 2:22 pm

He, he guys, you’re lucky ones! ;)
My first contact with them was in September past year, and my last, few days ago, with the same subject - 3 ordered (and of course payed) rod blanks!
I gave them at least an email/ month and the last answer from Kristen:”I have alerted the shipping department of your order and discussed the importance of getting your order shipped. I was told it will be taken care of.
Thank you for your patience.” :lol: :lol: :lol:
Well, I’m about to settle a new record on how much a client is determined to endure from the NFC team - their blank rocks but the their service sucks!

Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hogsticker2 » Tue Jul 02, 2019 2:42 pm

Took possession a few weeks ago. Took about 7 weeks to receive it. Ordered the SJ732. Wouldn't you know, the blank measures only 82 inches. I was going to take 4 inches off it anyways, but it's strange - and typical NFC. I don't think I'll place anymore orders with them.

Hobie-Wan Kenobi
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hobie-Wan Kenobi » Tue Jul 02, 2019 6:56 pm

I got an email saying 65% off. I have got blanks quick and also waited for them too... :-k I donhave 8 AGS guides that need a home...
IG @hobie_wan_kenobi_fishing

timinmo
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by timinmo » Tue Jul 02, 2019 7:01 pm

So the two blanks I ordered arrived today. I will inspect tomorrow under good light but they appear undamaged. The tube they were in is undamaged and seems to be a much stronger tube than previous ones. So that was about two weeks from order to delivery which is a vast improvement to past experiences. They need to be able to serve all their customers in the same manner. It is obvious from comments that they have lost many prior customers and are probably not going to win those people back. In my experience they have a good product, especially at the current discounts, so if they go belly up they have only themselves and their terrible customer service to blame.

1nutinthewater
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by 1nutinthewater » Tue Jul 02, 2019 9:05 pm

Yes, after numerous dealings with them I am done. Excellent product but the service sucks and they refuse to respond to hundreds of complaints from hundreds of folks.
Check out their FB page before thinking about ordering from them........
Our tradition is that of the first who sneaked away to the creek when tribe did not really need fish

rh_916
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by rh_916 » Tue Jul 09, 2019 6:52 am

Hogsticker2 wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 2:42 pm
Took possession a few weeks ago. Took about 7 weeks to receive it. Ordered the SJ732. Wouldn't you know, the blank measures only 82 inches. I was going to take 4 inches off it anyways, but it's strange - and typical NFC. I don't think I'll place anymore orders with them.
I order an 7108 x ray and it was like 4 or 5 inches short too and the blank was thicker then then old 7108 x ray that I got when it first came out. I think Im done with nfc too.

sarcazmo
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by sarcazmo » Thu Jul 11, 2019 7:36 pm

Finally fished my SJ736 (still gotta put the mb736 together). I have to say these blanks are awesome. I'd put them up there with most other high end blanks. I get that crappy customer service, but at the price these can be had on sale they're no brainers IMO.

1nutinthewater
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by 1nutinthewater » Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:55 pm

Poor service and treating customers like they do not exist does not bode will for their future. Not worth the hassle and I will not spend my $ even if they are 90% off............ Wait- when they go out of business I will stock up!
Our tradition is that of the first who sneaked away to the creek when tribe did not really need fish