Megabass clone

When production rods are not enough, it's time to go custom. Come share your experiences building and/or ordering a custom rod and tell us if you'll ever go back to off the shelf.
ulysi
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Megabass clone

Post by ulysi » Fri Apr 10, 2020 1:48 am

](*,) So long story short I bought a levante 2and gen and while stringing it about a foot and a half snapped off the tip. Can any one reuse the components and build me a rod?

adam lancia
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: Megabass clone

Post by adam lancia » Fri Apr 10, 2020 3:34 am

Did you buy it with warranty? If so, I'd contact Megabass and see if they can do anything for you.

ulysi
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by ulysi » Fri Apr 10, 2020 9:41 am

Unfortunately I bought is used

ogrich31
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by ogrich31 » Fri Apr 10, 2020 10:35 am

Probably wouldn't be worth it. Most builders I know will charge more for stripping the rod than the components are worth, but you might find someone who will do it for cheap.

You can also strip everything yourself. I'm sure there's a few videos on YouTube that you could find. TT member savacs (A SAVA Custom) has a video on there that's pretty good.

Mattman
TT Gear Crew
TT Gear Crew
Location: Fergus Falls, MN - Otterods - Hand Crafted High Performance Fishing Rods

Post by Mattman » Sat Apr 11, 2020 4:53 am

The only components that really can get reused are the guides.

In special circumstances you can marry up the handle to a new blank. But things have to be just right.

I do have a customer that has sent me three broken slant bridge rods over the years and I've made new rods for him using the components from the slant bridge.
Matt Davis
Otterods-High performance fishing rods