Got my new eternity blanks

When production rods are not enough, it's time to go custom. Come share your experiences building and/or ordering a custom rod and tell us if you'll ever go back to off the shelf.
sarcazmo
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Got my new eternity blanks

Post by sarcazmo » Sun Aug 01, 2021 6:16 pm

I received my two eternity blanks I ordered. The 72 MH and 74H.

The 72 weight 2.19oz on my scale and the 74 was 2.69 oz. Feel very light and crisp in hand and have a resonant quality to them that reminds me of the xrays and point blanks.

Should be really nice rods. Might be a minute before I get them built up. I bought some ags guides off ebay that will go on the 72, not sure what to do yet with the 7'4'

Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Got my new eternity blanks

Post by Hogsticker2 » Mon Aug 02, 2021 4:24 pm

Did you ever get Batson to divulge any additional information about the blanks? I know you were asking about T1100 G. Once you get them built, do you have any other high end blanks to compare, outside the Rainshadow world? People seem to be comparing them with the X Ray, stating sensitivity is as good as or better.

sarcazmo
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by sarcazmo » Mon Aug 02, 2021 5:48 pm

They never responded to my carbon inquiries.

I have a couple xrays built up and point blanks I can compare them to.

Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hogsticker2 » Mon Aug 02, 2021 9:00 pm

sarcazmo wrote:
Mon Aug 02, 2021 5:48 pm
They never responded to my carbon inquiries.

I have a couple xrays built up and point blanks I can compare them to.
Awesome. Look forward to your impressions.

Thurin90
Angler
Angler

Post by Thurin90 » Wed Sep 29, 2021 5:38 am

Any new impressions on the eternity blanks? The winter is coming and I was considering making a new rod.
Don't mean to be bothersome or anoying but I'm really curious how these blanks compare to the top brands. they are significantly cheaper around here. :D

sarcazmo
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by sarcazmo » Thu Sep 30, 2021 11:22 am

Funny I just started laying out components yesterday! I'll try to get them built this weekend or early next week.

iowafshrmn
Angler
Angler

Post by iowafshrmn » Sat Mar 05, 2022 8:32 am

Just curious on what the verdict is on the eternity’s. Was thinking about ordering three this week. Thanks.

jbabin193
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by jbabin193 » Sun May 08, 2022 8:10 am

I’ve built on Rainshadow’s Eternity 10 blanks and think they are fantastic. I would put them in the same category as NFC’s HM or Xray blanks. The benefit for me with the Eternity 10 blanks is I’m not dealing with NFC’s lack of quality control. I’ve had numerous QC issues with Delta’s, IM’s, HM’s and Xray’s. While the problems were addressed, it’s a slow and frustrating process. With Rainshadow have no doubts I’m getting the right blank and it will be straight and blemish free. Price can be a factor, when NFC runs sales it’s hard to ignore the deals on HM’s and Xray’s… and the mirror black finish on the Xray’s looks fantastic.

The blanks I’ve built on are the ETEC72M, ETEC72MH, and ETEC74H. I trimmed the ETEC72M down to 7’.

The ETEC72M is perfect for weightless senko’s (actual senko’s). It has good power but soft enough to cast this rig.

The ETEC72MH is a good all around MH rod. I’ve been using mine for t-rigs pitching and casting to targets.

The ETEC74H has great power and bends deep into the blank, what I would consider a moderate fast action. I’ve used it for jigs, heavy Carolina rigs, and pitching. Could probably do some light punching with this blank and 5-6” swimbaits. Good versatility.

I was able to handle all the Eternity 10 blanks at the Houston fishing show this year, as well as meet most of the Rainshadow team. Great group. The ETES72ML to me makes a great drop shot rod that can be used at 7-2 or cut down to 6-10. The ETES610MXF which is the drop shot blank can be good for that application, but to me lacked some power. Probably better suited for 1/8oz drop shots with lighter line. The ETEC68M would make a fantastic high end jerkbait rod.

Just my thoughts.

dennis_rf
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by dennis_rf » Sun May 08, 2022 9:15 am

I have a ETES610MXF on my bench, not sure what to do with it:
I wanted sth a power lighter than the lightest Point Blank (the PB701LXF still comes out as a Medium power according to the TT method). But the ETES610MXF has an even softer backbone than some light powered rods, I expected more like a ML… they went a little overboard with the power rating I guess.
Also at just 36g it doesn’t feel as light as expected or wished, waving it round. But hey, neither do the XRays :D
Maybe I’ll turn it into a power-trout-rod, the backbone isn’t really what I’d use for my usual predators…

MardukFIN
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by MardukFIN » Sun May 08, 2022 12:36 pm

dennis_rf wrote:
Sun May 08, 2022 9:15 am
I have a ETES610MXF on my bench, not sure what to do with it:
I wanted sth a power lighter than the lightest Point Blank (the PB701LXF still comes out as a Medium power according to the TT method). But the ETES610MXF has an even softer backbone than some light powered rods, I expected more like a ML… they went a little overboard with the power rating I guess.
Also at just 36g it doesn’t feel as light as expected or wished, waving it round. But hey, neither do the XRays :D
Maybe I’ll turn it into a power-trout-rod, the backbone isn’t really what I’d use for my usual predators…
I have same. It's 200g RDA. Quite light powered blank.

jbabin193
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by jbabin193 » Sun May 08, 2022 5:26 pm

Specs for the ETES610MXF is CCS 272 grams and CCS Action Angle of 74-75