Time on the DL pays off

Can't find what you're looking for in a catalog or in the store shelves? Ever think about just making it yourself? Come share your inspirations and creations with fellow tinkerers in TackleTour's Garage Baits forum!
Post Reply
mark poulson
TT Pro Angler
TT Pro Angler
Posts: 2190
Joined: Thu Dec 20, 2007 6:28 am
Location: NoCal

Time on the DL pays off

Post by mark poulson » Sat Aug 17, 2019 9:10 am

My sciatica put my on the DL, so I spent some time in the garage, once the pain went away.
Here's three 4" baits I made and painted.
http://www.tackleunderground.com/commun ... _195024-1/

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Posts: 3391
Joined: Sat Jun 02, 2007 4:30 pm

Re: Time on the DL pays off

Post by goldrod » Sat Aug 17, 2019 9:42 am

Nice work
Hope you can get out there soon
Chase your dreams for they won't chase you.

MountainMan 83
Senior Angler
Senior Angler
Posts: 111
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:18 am

Re: Time on the DL pays off

Post by MountainMan 83 » Sat Aug 17, 2019 12:34 pm

Very cool! I hope to do the same thing one day.

Bronzeye
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler
Posts: 940
Joined: Sun Feb 25, 2007 2:12 pm

Re: Time on the DL pays off

Post by Bronzeye » Sat Aug 17, 2019 12:46 pm

Nice! It will be a rush to catch fish with these complex and well-finished constructions.

mark poulson
TT Pro Angler
TT Pro Angler
Posts: 2190
Joined: Thu Dec 20, 2007 6:28 am
Location: NoCal

Re: Time on the DL pays off

Post by mark poulson » Sat Aug 17, 2019 7:10 pm

goldrod wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 9:42 am
Nice work
Hope you can get out there soon
Thanks.

mark poulson
TT Pro Angler
TT Pro Angler
Posts: 2190
Joined: Thu Dec 20, 2007 6:28 am
Location: NoCal

Re: Time on the DL pays off

Post by mark poulson » Sat Aug 17, 2019 7:17 pm

Bronzeye wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 12:46 pm
Nice! It will be a rush to catch fish with these complex and well-finished constructions.
I've been making baits for a long time, and it's still a rush to get bit on one I made. I get the same rush if a buddy get bit on one of my baits.
I am a retired carpenter, and none of the baits I make are that hard to build or paint, or I wouldn't do it. Did I mention I'm lazy! :lol:

mark poulson
TT Pro Angler
TT Pro Angler
Posts: 2190
Joined: Thu Dec 20, 2007 6:28 am
Location: NoCal

Re: Time on the DL pays off

Post by mark poulson » Sat Aug 17, 2019 7:17 pm

goldrod wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 9:42 am
Nice work
Hope you can get out there soon
Thanks.

domthewon
Elite Angler
Elite Angler
Posts: 420
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2015 9:49 am

Re: Time on the DL pays off

Post by domthewon » Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:32 pm

Those little ploppers look awesome, and are a great size. I'll take one and make sure it works ok for you til your back gets better. \:D/ Hopefully it's better for you soon.

mark poulson
TT Pro Angler
TT Pro Angler
Posts: 2190
Joined: Thu Dec 20, 2007 6:28 am
Location: NoCal

Re: Time on the DL pays off

Post by mark poulson » Mon Aug 19, 2019 9:11 pm

domthewon wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:32 pm
Those little ploppers look awesome, and are a great size. I'll take one and make sure it works ok for you til your back gets better. \:D/ Hopefully it's better for you soon.
Thanks. They weigh 34 grams, so they cast really well, and raise a ruckus on even a slow retrieve.
I went out today on my buddy's boat, and fished for 6 hours. So far, no pain. Of course, the true test will be when I try to get out of bed tomorrow morning! :lol: :lol: :lol:

domthewon
Elite Angler
Elite Angler
Posts: 420
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2015 9:49 am

Re: Time on the DL pays off

Post by domthewon » Mon Aug 19, 2019 9:51 pm

mark poulson wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 9:11 pm
domthewon wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:32 pm
Those little ploppers look awesome, and are a great size. I'll take one and make sure it works ok for you til your back gets better. \:D/ Hopefully it's better for you soon.
Thanks. They weigh 34 grams, so they cast really well, and raise a ruckus on even a slow retrieve.
I went out today on my buddy's boat, and fished for 6 hours. So far, no pain. Of course, the true test will be when I try to get out of bed tomorrow morning! :lol: :lol: :lol:
8-) Awesome! You're retired anyways It's worth it! :D I am in my 30's and tell my boss my back hurts just to go out fishing now. I guess I'm glad to not actually be in pain, but am worried one day it won't be just an excuse. :lol: Take care.
Dom

mark poulson
TT Pro Angler
TT Pro Angler
Posts: 2190
Joined: Thu Dec 20, 2007 6:28 am
Location: NoCal

Re: Time on the DL pays off

Post by mark poulson » Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:45 am

domthewon wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 9:51 pm
mark poulson wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 9:11 pm
domthewon wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:32 pm
Those little ploppers look awesome, and are a great size. I'll take one and make sure it works ok for you til your back gets better. \:D/ Hopefully it's better for you soon.
Thanks. They weigh 34 grams, so they cast really well, and raise a ruckus on even a slow retrieve.
I went out today on my buddy's boat, and fished for 6 hours. So far, no pain. Of course, the true test will be when I try to get out of bed tomorrow morning! :lol: :lol: :lol:
8-) Awesome! You're retired anyways It's worth it! :D I am in my 30's and tell my boss my back hurts just to go out fishing now. I guess I'm glad to not actually be in pain, but am worried one day it won't be just an excuse. :lol: Take care.
Dom
Thanks.
Plan for retirement, both financially and physically.
I always thought working on the job would keep my body in shape, but all it wound up doing is wearing it out. ](*,) ](*,)

poisonokie
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Posts: 1738
Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2015 1:34 pm
Location: NW OKC OK USA

Re: Time on the DL pays off

Post by poisonokie » Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:57 am

Sign me up for a couple of those topwaters! =D>

Watermelon Red Flake gill pattern for me.
Still waters run deep.

mark poulson
TT Pro Angler
TT Pro Angler
Posts: 2190
Joined: Thu Dec 20, 2007 6:28 am
Location: NoCal

Re: Time on the DL pays off

Post by mark poulson » Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:02 am

poisonokie wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:57 am
Sign me up for a couple of those topwaters! =D>

Watermelon Red Flake gill pattern for me.
Hahaha I don't make them to sell, just for me and my buddies to throw. It takes too much time, and cuts into my fishing.
You can pick up some pretty good knock offs at places line Dinger Baits and Predator Bass Baits. They work well, but you have to paint them yourself.

mark poulson
TT Pro Angler
TT Pro Angler
Posts: 2190
Joined: Thu Dec 20, 2007 6:28 am
Location: NoCal

Re: Time on the DL pays off

Post by mark poulson » Fri Aug 30, 2019 4:04 pm

Update. I went out yesterday on a buddy's boat. I was able to fish some, but I'm still not 100%.
I did, however, stick a 4 lbr on that bluegill plopper! :D :D :D

Post Reply