Nissan Titan

JapanReels
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: Nissan Titan

Post by JapanReels » Wed Jun 30, 2004 9:56 am

have you looked into the GM line ups? If you are after power GM does one heck of a job. My denali pulls with no problems and rides like a dream.

Gideon
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Gideon » Wed Jun 30, 2004 3:43 pm

The GM cars have nice engines, and exteriors, but the interiors just are a little different for my tastes. They dont seem as nice as the Ford or Japanese offerings. Granted the previous generation ford's are iffy too.

Zander
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Zander » Thu Jul 01, 2004 12:23 am

Hi JR,

Never looked much at the GM cars, but based on your reccommendation I definately will. Unfortunately my trade in just dropped in value today. Was driveing on 280 when a big rig trhew up a rock that hit my windshield in the upper right hand corner, made a tiny crack.

By lunch time it heated up so much that the crack spidered and I now half a foot long break...hopefully it won't keep growing. :(

sdesign
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by sdesign » Thu Jul 01, 2004 6:34 am

Zander,

Windshields are very easily replaced these days with those companies coming to you rather than you having to go to them. The $300 - $500 is probably worth it to maintain some semblance of trade in value. That having been said, those dealers find one way or another to ding ya on a trade-in no matter what. Still less trouble than listing and trying to sell it yourself I always say.

Was talkin' to JIP a little last night... I think you should just get the Titan so you can provide me a review of the new Nissan full-size :twisted:

:D

JapanReels
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by JapanReels » Thu Jul 01, 2004 8:21 am

hahahh.. Great.. USE him to get the review. J/K. I can't say much for Nissan since it just came out and has not been out on the market too long. From my experience, I usually wait a few years to see if any major problems due occur or some factory defects show up. Just my 2 cent.

If you do get the GMC or any GM trucks. I will show you how to beef that sucker up with some simple mods and you will be amazed with its power and performance. Are you looking at a SUV or a truck?

sdesign
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by sdesign » Thu Jul 01, 2004 8:57 am

haha.. yeah JR, I was mostly teasing :) I'm just a big Nissan nut, that's all.

I've shyed away from American cars and trucks because I was a victim of their terribly unreliable product in the 80's - and that's putting it mildly. Once a manufacturer loses my trust, it's pretty difficult for them to win me back.

Not that I hold a grudge or anything :D

I'm actually glad to hear you're very happy with your Denali. But I'm also glad to see the Japanese car companies coming out with full size vehicles now.. even if they are too HUUUGGEEEE!!!

I think the competition is needed.

JapanReels
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by JapanReels » Thu Jul 01, 2004 9:16 am

I'm glad to see that japanese trucks are slowly catching up to the big US trucks. We need more marketable BIG trucks and SUV's here in the US from the Japanese market. I have driven the Tundra v8 and honestly, it was not that impressive as for HP and Torque. Maybe for the japan standards but when compared to the BIG US V8's their is just no comparison. I can't say much for the Titan yet because it is still fairly new.

sdesign
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by sdesign » Thu Jul 01, 2004 9:19 am

Trust me JR,

If Nissan has put any bit of the engineering they put into the G35 into the Titan as well, that thing will haul a _ _ !! The G35 is only a V6, but it feels like an old muscle car from the late 70's early 80's only with better handling!

JapanReels
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by JapanReels » Thu Jul 01, 2004 9:30 am

NO matter what car or truck that comes out the first year always has some changes within the first 5 yrs. Even if it was engineered perfectly. First year is always a prototype year and changes occur throughout the years. That is why I waited to buy my 2003 yukon Denali. It came out in the late 90's but I wanted to wait to see what they would change and what kind of options they would put in. If you look at the 99 to the 03 model of the denali's, major changes have been done. Engine, comfort, luxury options, suspension etc.... What I am trying to say is that you can probably get the best fitted car after the first few years of waiting, because I would not want to buy a new car and then in 2 yrs something major gets changed with more options for the same price. That has happened to me before and it pissed me OFF!!!! ARGH... 99 denali comes with like 275hp compared to my 03 denali modified with 365 hp with over 400FT torque. Now thats all motor.!! :lol:

sdesign
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by sdesign » Thu Jul 01, 2004 9:44 am

oh yah JR, no denying your reasoning whatsoever... we're on the same page.

But another way to approach is just to compare what's out there with the vehicles you have in mind and make your choice from there because if you need the vehicle right away, waiting isn't going to do you much good either.

Might be prudent to wait on the Titan given it's the first year Nissan has put out anything of this size. If they only made the back seats a more comfortable (the backrests are too straight up), I'd be tempted to get one now though! But again, I'm a Nissan nut 8-[ and for me, in reality, it is a little HHUUUGGGEEEE!!! for my liking.... :D

JapanReels
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by JapanReels » Thu Jul 01, 2004 9:46 am

Bigger the better. My wife's parents just got the denali XL. Makes my Denali look short. HAHAHAH

sdesign
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by sdesign » Thu Jul 01, 2004 9:52 am

JR, wouldn't that be the same as the Suburban?

Sheez... too big for me... hate to see your gas bills :D

JapanReels
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by JapanReels » Thu Jul 01, 2004 10:07 am

not even close. Might be made my GM but luxury all around with better features. PLUS more HP!!! My Denali gets 18mpg, not bad for a big suv.

Zander
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Zander » Thu Jul 01, 2004 2:32 pm

Thanks for the info guys. Not sure how much JIP told you, but I'm a car nut. A month ago I sold my Acura NSX, it was my baby. But with me spending so much time on the water, or towing to the water, I just never had a chance to drive her much. Well to make a long story short I'm itching to get a new ride. I have a family now so another sports car is out of the question....for now. :twisted:

but I'd like to get a truck (or another SUV) that I wouldn't mind driving every single day. A good GPS is a must have for me. The other option is to use taht money and upgrade my boat now. :D

JapanReels
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by JapanReels » Thu Jul 01, 2004 4:21 pm

Get a Denali and pimp it out !!! You will be amazed at the accleration and performance of AWD. Pulls and h \:D/ andles like a sports car.