Dual Pro Onboard Battery Charger

Wildcard
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Dual Pro Onboard Battery Charger

Post by Wildcard » Mon Jan 08, 2007 2:29 pm

Hey guys how's everyone been? I haven't been around in quite awhile hope the fishing has been good.

Anyways I come to you today in need of help with a new battery charger for my boat. A while back I decided to try a Minn-Kota onboard charger and I have regretted it ever since. I am about to send it back to the company for warranty replacement AGAIN! I have decided this time I'm gonna do things right and get a Dual Pro since I have heard nothing but good things about them. My dilemma is trying to decide between the Pro series and the SE series. Does anyone here have any experience with either of these two models? Any help or advice would be appreciated.

Here are the links to the 2 different chargers

Pro Series
SE Series

Mattman
TT Gear Crew
TT Gear Crew
Location: Fergus Falls, MN - Otterods - Hand Crafted High Performance Fishing Rods

Re: Dual Pro Onboard Battery Charger

Post by Mattman » Mon Jan 08, 2007 4:00 pm

Sorry to hear of your woes.

The Pro series is going to get your batteries charged faster. 15 amps vs. the 10 amps on the SE.

I believe the Pro series is also just a beefier charger. Larger heat sink, larger gauge wiring internally, etc.

Better to have and not need than to need and not have.

Otterods - High performance hand crafted fishing rods
Matt Davis
Otterods-High performance fishing rods

Ranger 619VS
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Ranger 619VS » Tue Jan 09, 2007 5:26 am

Wildcard,

I am on my 3rd boat that came rigged with a dual pro charger. I use the triple bank version cause I like to know my starting battery is fully chargerd every trip. I had one issue with the led lights going out. The company replaced the unit with a new one no questions asked. Someone might have had a more serious issue with one but I have not. I just bought a new boat and it has the charger, but if I had to buy a NEW boat again for some reason I would buy the same charger again no doubts.
Ranger 619VS/Brian

kbookert
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by kbookert » Tue Jan 09, 2007 6:01 am

I had the pro series and had one bank of LEDs fail. It was the original charger that came with the boat so it was 5 years old. Warranty ran out.
If you do what you’ve always done, you’ll get what you’ve always gotten.