humminbird 898c si

illinoisbassfishin
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

humminbird 898c si

Post by illinoisbassfishin » Thu May 24, 2012 7:03 am

I have an 898c si and I have only had it since february and it's my first gps and side imaging unit so I am still learning a lot with it. I have the side imaging pretty well figured out but the navigation and gps I am still learning. I had a couple questions and I was hoping someone could help me out with them if possible.

One thing I can't figure out is....is there a way on the gps and navigation to look at how many miles you have ran up and down the lake and how many miles you ran in a day or weekend etc? All I can see is the triplog and all it has is "sm" which I don't even know what that is other than maybe square miles lol???

And when I switch pages all my readouts are the same but when I go to the map page the water temp readout disappears and it shows my speed twice and I can't figure that out for the life of me. Is there anyway to fix that or is that just part of the map page?

Last is.....is there anyway on the 898 to get rid of the readouts on the side imaging page and just show small font for the depth and temp? I was thinking I read somewhere that with a certain update you could do that and I have all my updates.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

Bigs|ick
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Re: humminbird 898c si

Post by Bigs|ick » Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:56 pm

I find that a big flaw in birds software myseflf. I have the older units and have the same problem. I never look at the corse heading and I'd much prefer temp. The readouts should all be customizable on all pages. Its kind of frustrating. On the upside i like the new waypoint management.