Creature Fever : It Really Is "Da-Bomb"!

TT Reviews - Latest reviews listed and open to member comments
Cal
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cal » Mon May 27, 2013 1:55 pm

Introduction: When we hear the name of BASS Elite Series Bass Pro John Crews, the first products that come to mind are his Little John series of cranks offered by SPRO. An interesting little tid bit that few may know is that Crews is also an avid finesse fisherman - something we came to find out only by spending time on the water with him at Lake Lanier, Georgia several years ago. Still, it came as a surprise to us when at the beginning of 2012 he launched his new softbait company, Missile Baits - a debut that was punctuated by Ish Monroe's win at Lake Okechobee last year using one of his baits. Here now is our look at that product, the Missile Bait's DBomb!

Complete Article: http://tackletour.com/reviewmissilebaitsdbomb.html

tosakilla
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Re: Creature Fever : It Really Is "Da-Bomb"!

Post by tosakilla » Mon May 27, 2013 4:03 pm

This review really confuses me... The reason being that some of my favorite features of the bait are said to be non existent on the review.
Application:"The tails on the DBomb are pretty standard meaning they don't have any ridges or contours to help them move when attempting to swim the bait back to the boat or along the surface of the water." http://www.tackletour.com/images13/picm ... mb-006.jpg in that image it clearly shows that there are perpendicular bars on the tails, now they are very small but since there is no salt in the plastic and they are thin, and the fact that the outer edge is thicker than the inner edge, it does swim when steadily retrieved back to the boat.
Durability: "If there's a downside to this bait it's in its durability." what....... my point is that based on my experiences this is one of the most durable plastics out there. There have been multiple days when i have caught 20 fish per bomb. I really thought you guys were going to touch on the fact that its a more durable plastic than others use on the market, hence the ribbed body to allow it to compact more easily for better hookups not just to look cool , and because of how durable the plastic is the main appendages can be half as thick as a sweet beavers, which aids in the swimming action.
I'm in no way trying to bash you, i think its great that it earned an editors choice, I'm just trying to find out how we can have such different experiences with the same bait.

spookybaits
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by spookybaits » Tue May 28, 2013 4:41 am

I'm guessing that MB rod at the bottom of page 1 is a evoluzion big taper?
Hopefully it's the super griffon stage II, as that's the next rod on my list to buy.

BigG
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by BigG » Mon Jun 17, 2013 3:26 am

spookybaits wrote:I'm guessing that MB rod at the bottom of page 1 is a evoluzion big taper?
Hopefully it's the super griffon stage II, as that's the next rod on my list to buy.
Yea, I'm interested in the 2nd rod also; it does look like a evoluzion big taper. I do have a super griffion stage II on order and it should be here Wednesday. I'm intersted in a pitching and light flipping rod next. Guess Gary will get another email.

21farms
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by 21farms » Sun Jun 23, 2013 8:25 am

i'm with tosakilla in that i was somewhat perplexed by the review as well, particularly about the durability. the D-bomb has been extremely durable for me...i've only used them on two trips so far. on my first outing, i landed 8-9 fish with my first one and it still looked good except i then lost it to a snag. i tied on a second one and caught 4 more and then used the same one on my last trip and caught 5-6 more and it is still going strong. at this rate, the three bags of six baits each will last me a couple of years. excellent, excellent baits and easily the best beaver-style bait i've ever used. i only wished they had a better selection of colors that are more delta craw-like.