A Little Voodoo Goes a Long Way when Fishing the Columbia

TT Reviews - Latest reviews listed and open to member comments
Cal
Site Admin
Site Admin

A Little Voodoo Goes a Long Way when Fishing the Columbia

Post by Cal » Thu Oct 24, 2013 12:16 am

A Little Voodoo Goes a Long Way when Fishing the Tributaries of the Columbia River

Introduction: “Come up and let’s go fishing” is what Jon Bial, GM at Edge Rods said to us on the last day of ICAST in Las Vegas and he really meant it. The last time we visited Edge Rods the company was just on the verge of introducing their new lineup of bass rods and we were eager to make the trek back up to Woodland Washington to check out how the company had grown, but Jon had other plans.

Complete Article: http://tackletour.com/reviewedgefishingtrip.html

Teal101
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Re: A Little Voodoo Goes a Long Way when Fishing the Columbi

Post by Teal101 » Thu Oct 24, 2013 2:28 am

Well written, right in my backyard. I met Jon at the Puyallup Sportsman show this last February. Great guy, he recognized the Hi's Tackle Box logo on my Simms jacket. I got to play around with some of their rods then, would love to get a few for Steelhead.

BTW, it is spelled Klickitat, you're missing the c ;)

Zander
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Zander » Thu Oct 24, 2013 4:56 am

Thanks Teal101, fixed the spelling. Was a really cool stretch of water. Love the salmon and steelhead fishing you guys have up there, absolutely beautiful country.

Teal101
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by Teal101 » Thu Oct 24, 2013 5:37 am

Zander wrote:Thanks Teal101, fixed the spelling. Was a really cool stretch of water. Love the salmon and steelhead fishing you guys have up there, absolutely beautiful country.
You guys really got into them good. The fishing is usually spectacular on the lower stretch of the Columbia and its tribs. The upper stretch doesnt get as many fish, but it is fun none the less. Theres nothing like running a river on a drift boat.

I'm jealous of the Delta and Clear lake, we don't have the big fish you guys get when it comes to Bass, but I guess Steel will do :lol: