Shimano Stradic FK – A Solid Design

TT Reviews - Latest reviews listed and open to member comments
Cal
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cal » Sun Jan 24, 2016 4:05 pm

Introduction: Long considered the mainstream reel in the Shimano spinning lineup the Stradic is now all grown up, and the latest FK version is a major departure from previous generation reels, featuring the latest design philosophies and features from Shimano. It may look different but the Stradic FK is not only designed to appeal to previous fans of the series but also new higher-end oriented anglers looking for a multi-talented spinning reel that will hold up to rigorous fishing and yet still feel refined enough for light line finesse applications.

Complete Article: http://www.tackletour.com/reviewshimanostradicfk.html

sadler81
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Re: Shimano Stradic FK – A Solid Design

Post by sadler81 » Mon Jan 25, 2016 6:18 am

I guess you didn't see this thread...

http://forums.tackletour.com/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=65379

The stradic fk is not all metal. The stem is aluminum, the body that houses the gears is composite just like the previous stradic.

BARRAMANIAC
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by BARRAMANIAC » Tue Jan 26, 2016 12:12 am

sadler81 wrote:I guess you didn't see this thread...

http://forums.tackletour.com/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=65379

The stradic fk is not all metal. The stem is aluminum, the body that houses the gears is composite just like the previous stradic.
I have a 3000 size and 1000 size and love them. But how can they claim to have a hagane body when it is not full metal and have a composite side plate. twin power also has a composite side plate. Hagane is just marketing mumbo jumbo.

Zander
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Zander » Tue Jan 26, 2016 5:11 am

Thanks for the comments, and some valid points guys, I referenced in the review that some of the Hagane concepts are things that we have seen in previous generation shimano reels and are just marketed as "Hagane" now. Also correct that the metal in the Hagane body is the arm side (the stem) which while is the key side for rigidity and connecting to the rod is not the entire frame. While this portion is metal the other side is indeed composite. Merketing speak aside , o the Stradic FK the rigidity still tested very well in combination. Still I think your points do warrant clarification and I've added into the end matrix in the review calling out the metal/composite.

Thanks,
Z

Mothercanucker
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Mothercanucker » Sat Feb 13, 2016 10:25 pm

Tempted to pick one up but still loving the Stradic Ci4s lightweight too much.

tracker01
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by tracker01 » Sun Feb 14, 2016 1:32 am

Mothercanucker wrote:Tempted to pick one up but still loving the Stradic Ci4s lightweight too much.
Totally agree, 100%.