Shimano and Jackall Prepare to Launch New Poison Adrena rods and Lures at the Classic

TT Reviews - Latest reviews listed and open to member comments
Cal
Site Admin
Site Admin

Shimano and Jackall Prepare to Launch New Poison Adrena rods and Lures at the Classic

Post by Cal » Wed Mar 13, 2019 6:08 am

Introduction: The Bassmaster Classic is upon us once again and a number of manufacturers are leveraging the show as a launch platform for new tackle. Shimano and Jackall have teamed up to introduce a refreshed line of Poison Adrena rods, as well as two new lures designed to enhance your bass hunting arsenal.

Complete Article: http://www.tackletour.com/previewshiman ... drena.html
Cal, Managing Editor
"fish with mindfulness : beware the darkside"

Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Shimano and Jackall Prepare to Launch New Poison Adrena rods and Lures at the Classic

Post by Hogsticker2 » Wed Mar 13, 2019 2:07 pm

I jumped on this right when they were released in Japan. The full monocoque grip brings another level of transmission and feedback. Shimano makes some of the best production blanks in the business imo. Love this stick :big grin:

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Shimano and Jackall Prepare to Launch New Poison Adrena rods and Lures at the Classic

Post by goldrod » Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:47 pm

Cal,

Im looking to jump into the current Expride line, do you suggest I wait for the Adrenas that are coming out?
If you were to suggest one of the current expride line , with model for tx rigs in the 1.4-3/8 range and do you feel the Adrenas are far superior to the exprides?

Anyone else have experiences with the current exprides let me know.. i will be paying close attention to this thread for a bit.
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible

jerkbait22
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by jerkbait22 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:38 am

I was looking at getting another MB Destroyer, but these have my eye for now. Waiting to see what models/tapers they come out with.

Cal
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cal » Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:53 am

goldrod wrote:Cal,

Im looking to jump into the current Expride line, do you suggest I wait for the Adrenas that are coming out?
If you were to suggest one of the current expride line , with model for tx rigs in the 1.4-3/8 range and do you feel the Adrenas are far superior to the exprides?
I am not up to date on the Exprides. I think the one I reviewed is a generation or two ago and I haven't fished the Adrena. That was Zander's review, but I do recall the Adrena leaving a better impression with me as far as build.
Cal, Managing Editor
"fish with mindfulness : beware the darkside"

jerkbait22
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by jerkbait22 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:13 am

These are up on some etailers now but arrival listed as June 14 :(

Cracker
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Cracker » Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:51 am

Sometimes don't understand logic how this corporate business works...
The rods are available for sale in Japan and for overseas buyers since February 2018.
Priced around ~¥30,000, depends of the model.
Everyone who wanted to get them, already got it long time ago.
And Shimano US listed the arrival date as a middle of June :D

Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hogsticker2 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:53 pm

jerkbait22 wrote:I was looking at getting another MB Destroyer, but these have my eye for now. Waiting to see what models/tapers they come out with.
Listed on TW, but only a few models. There's more in the lineup.

jerkbait22
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by jerkbait22 » Sat Mar 16, 2019 4:26 am

Hogsticker2 wrote:
jerkbait22 wrote:I was looking at getting another MB Destroyer, but these have my eye for now. Waiting to see what models/tapers they come out with.
Sounds like the 4 models listed are the only ones coming to the states. Alex Davis did a video on them at the classic and mentioned this - it's up on instagram.

The Medium+ model has my attention, just wish we didn't have to wait so long. Are these different models/tapers than what is available in Japan?

Mike son
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Mike son » Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:41 am

The same models can be found in Japan, here is the full line up.

http://fishing.shimano.co.jp/product/rod/5348

I really like my 166ml, I'm planning on grabbing the 172h when they become available. I'm curious to see what the warranty Shimano offers on these will be, though I'd have to guess one year.

Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hogsticker2 » Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:29 am

jerkbait22 wrote:
Hogsticker2 wrote:
Sounds like the 4 models listed are the only ones coming to the states. Alex Davis did a video on them at the classic and mentioned this - it's up on instagram.

The Medium+ model has my attention, just wish we didn't have to wait so long. Are these different models/tapers than what is available in Japan?
I almost bought that model, but I already have the previous generation 610 medium heavy, so I went with the 610 medium.

raychoi
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by raychoi » Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:32 pm

:lol: The rod is already released in Japan and you can get it for less than 300 usd. The retail price in us will be 150 more. The lure are even bigger jokes. These are considered old lures and can be had for 50% less than US price if you know why to look for . :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Good job Good effort. :big grin:

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Sun Mar 17, 2019 5:01 pm

Why so long?
TWH.com says June that’s like three months away. By that time I would have purchased my last rod for the fourth time.
The 7’3” seems nice but so does the 6’11”
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible

jerkbait22
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by jerkbait22 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 4:43 am

What's with the 2 piece? I don't think TW makes mention of this but on Shimano Japan's website I think all of the rods being offered in USDM are 2 piece.

I would imagine you don't take it apart, that it just means the handle is separate and it's not one continuous blank?

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Mon Mar 18, 2019 7:16 am

:shock: