Best Value Is An Accurist Statement from Quantum

TT Reviews - Latest reviews listed and open to member comments
Cal
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cal » Sun Apr 07, 2019 7:14 am

Introduction: Back in 2017, Quantum debuted their new, from the ground up casting reel design for their renewed Smoke and PT Tour casting and spinning reels. These, new "S3" engineered reels were to usher in a new era for Quantum. Fast forward a year later to ICAST 2018, and the manufacturer has infused this approach into the lineup that's going to really get all the attention. Here's our look at the $99.99 Accurist S3 casting reel.

Complete Article: http://www.tackletour.com/reviewquantum ... 3cast.html
Cal, Managing Editor
"fish with mindfulness : beware the darkside"

LowRange
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Best Value Is An Accurist Statement from Quantum

Post by LowRange » Sun Apr 07, 2019 5:08 pm

Call, does the flipping switch still operate as I recall? When activated the clutch is open as long as the thumbar is held down but as soon as the thumbar is released the clutch engages? I has the last gen and I would use the flipping switch fo pitch baits then fire off a cast only to relax my thumb pressure on the thumbar forgetting the flipping switch was on. Fun times.

Cal
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Best Value Is An Accurist Statement from Quantum

Post by Cal » Sun Apr 07, 2019 5:19 pm

LowRange wrote:Call, does the flipping switch still operate as I recall? When activated the clutch is open as long as the thumbar is held down but as soon as the thumbar is released the clutch engages? I has the last gen and I would use the flipping switch fo pitch baits then fire off a cast only to relax my thumb pressure on the thumbar forgetting the flipping switch was on. Fun times.
yup
Cal, Managing Editor
"fish with mindfulness : beware the darkside"