Is SpiderWire's Ultracast Ultra-Good?

TT Reviews - Latest reviews listed and open to member comments
Cal
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cal » Tue May 26, 2020 1:46 pm

Introduction: There are so many different fishing line products out there today, how does one ever decide which line to use when in the mood to try something new. Sure, I have a few staples that I rely upon if needed, but as a TackleTour editor, I have a certain responsibility to test the market from time to time. Trouble is, fishing line is such an important component of your combo, I need to know I can trust the line I'm using not to break unexpectedly when fishing one of my $200 baits (and believe me, it's happened), so how do I make that decision?

Not surprisingly, it is a process. For braid, the first step in that process is being available in a color I can fish. That more or less eliminates any braid that's only available in dark green. It sounds silly, and vain, but I like having options for varying conditions. At times I am so weary of new gear that my combo (rod, reel, and line) needs to hold my interest when I look at it in my hands. In the case of a braided line, I've found it helps if there's a camo colored option of some sort. I like how camo colored lines break up the monotony when you look down at your reel. On a recent search for interesting, camo colored lines, I came across SpiderWire's Ultracast X8 in Aqua Camo, so I ordered some from Tackle Warehouse to check out.

Complete Article: http://www.tackletour.com/reviewspiderw ... astx8.html
Cal, Managing Editor
"fish with mindfulness : beware the darkside"