PB Rat Lights It Up With a Little Slosh and a Lot of Boils

TT Reviews - Latest reviews listed and open to member comments
Cal
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cal » Sun Nov 01, 2020 8:52 pm

Introduction: What the hollow body frog is to fishermen who prefer conventional sized bait and tackle, the waking rat bait is to those anglers who make throwing big, oversized baits their purview. It is an obsession not easily overcome and haunts your every waking dream like an infestation of your subconscious realm. We were first introduced to the bait back in 2009 at the annual gathering for big bait enthusiasts, Bass-A-Thon in Southern California.

At that time the original PB Rat was a hand carved, wooden bait made of three pieces and retailed for $100 a bait. While those wooden baits are no longer in production the PB, like a cunning rat, is still around. In fact, it just happened to have re-merged this past summer and in a big way. The bait is now available in a two and three piece version and is made from a more durable, consistent, and all together sinister resin.

Complete Article: http://tackletour.com/reviewpbrat.html
Cal, Managing Editor
"fish with mindfulness : beware the darkside"

mark poulson
TT Pro Angler
TT Pro Angler

Re: PB Rat Lights It Up With a Little Slosh and a Lot of Boils

Post by mark poulson » Mon Nov 02, 2020 10:11 am

For years I have made my own two piece rat wake baits, and I've found that using a lighter wire hook, like a #1 or #2 KVD EWG treble, helps with hookups because it penetrates deeper on the initial strike, and makes the baits harder to throw, since the barb is buried in the fish's jaw. The lighter wire rear hook still snags the belly of the fish on the initial strike the majority of the time.